PDA

View Full Version : Ability to create and use new device profiles

smitbret
07-08-2014, 11:04 PM
Previous to v4, I thought I could modify device profiles and just save the new one to the DeviceProfiles folder. Then when I reloaded Mezzmo, the profiles would be available for use. However, I don't seem to have that ability anymore. Example:

I am using XBMC at a couple of locations. One is a Chromebox and the other is a RaspberryPi. I changed the maximum resolution for thumbnails to 400x600 and saved the XBMC profile and they look a lot better now. But the RaspPi lacks the power of the Chromebox and scrolling gets choppier when I use thumbs that big. I modified the profile, including the Profile Name, to display thumbnails at 320x480 and then saved the profile as "XBMC-RaspPi". So, now I have the original that I have assigned at my Chromebox and the new one that is essentially the same, just with different Name and Thumbnail Res. When I reloaded Mezzmo, it's not there. The new profile (XBMC-RaspPi) isn't available in the drop down. Just the original profiles. Double Checked and the new profile is in the DeviceProfiles folder. Did I just forget how to do this right? Was I just mistaken in remembering that I could do this through v2 and v3 of Mezzmo? It's been awhile since I did this with the old PS3 profiles so my memory may be shaky.

Paul
07-09-2014, 09:24 AM
When you add a device profile (.PRF) file into the DeviceProfiles folder, make sure it has a unique <guid>. If it is the same <guid> value as another device profile, then it will not be used.