PDA

View Full Version : Active Playlists with Smart Filters :)

xFallenAngelx
07-12-2014, 11:45 AM
Awesome idea, I like it.

I have an issue though, and hopefully it's just me being a dumb. I'm trying to mimic the "Recently Added" Smart Playlist, but in an Active List setup so that I can see the 50 most recently added files with a play count of 0, grouped together by their series. It doesn't appear to work how I want it to, it instead does the active playlist first, and lists the 50 most recently added files for every series. It also shows each series in the list twice, with the exact same files shown!

What I was after:

50 files, grouped by:

--- Series A
--- Episode 10
--- Episode 9
--- Series C
--- Episode 2

What I get:

--- Series A
--- Episode 10
--- Episode 9
--- Episode 8
--- Episode 7
--- Episode 6
--- Episode 5
--- Episode 4
--- Series A
--- Episode 10
--- Episode 9
--- Episode 8
--- Episode 7
--- Episode 6
--- Episode 5
--- Episode 4
--- Series B
--- Episode 4
--- Episode 3
--- Episode 2
--- Series B
--- Episode 4
--- Episode 3
--- Episode 2
--- Series C
--- Episode 2
--- Series C
--- Episode 2

Is there a way to achieve what I'm after with this setup? (Maybe we need an option to process the smart filter before the active list so it can be used both ways? )

Paul
07-13-2014, 12:01 PM
First step: To get rid of the duplicates, right-click on the playlist and click Properties. On the Active Playlist Properties dialog, click OK to close the dialog. Mezzmo will then update the playlist and should remove the duplicates in the background (could take 1-2 minutes).

I don't think there is a way to list the most recently added in an active playlist as you would like. We'll think about how to do this for a future version.