PDA

View Full Version : Error opening file

Rogue
07-13-2014, 02:54 PM
I've just updated my Android app to 1.0.6 and I can't seem to open any video files now. It keeps saying Error opening file with a long bunch of letters and characters at the end.

Paul
07-13-2014, 04:06 PM
To help us understand better, what server are you streaming from and to what device/media player?

Rogue
07-15-2014, 02:20 AM
I'm streaming from my PC running Windows 8.1 to my Google Nexus tablet running Android KitKat. As far as I can tell this started after the most recent Mezzmo update, it worked perfectly before that. I'm also streaming to my Samsung bluray player which works 100%.

Rogue
07-15-2014, 04:24 AM
Also, I was using BSPlayer to play the files

Paul
07-15-2014, 09:25 AM
Understand. Please turn on logging in Mezzmo Android app. To do this, go to Settings and turn on "Enable Logging". Next, turn on logging in Mezzmo server (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Now reproduce the problem you are having when opening/playing files. Once reproduced, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo Windows. Zip up the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. Also, email us the Mezzmo Android logs (go back to Settings and touch "View Logs" to access the log file on your Android device).