PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Questions

Docfxit
07-14-2014, 03:44 PM
I just installed Mezzmo. I would like to understand the program a little better.

It created this file:
C:\Users\Gary\AppData\Local\Conceiva\Mezzmo\Transc odingFiles\5C160929-A17D-44D0-9606-C5AB9AE23CF5\Video\1647-mpeg_ntsc-mpeg2video-mp2-sn.mzt

That is 1,560,500,224 in size. I'm taking a guess that the program has converted a couple video files into this file to be compatible with players. Is it possible to move this file to a different drive? How?
The C: drive that it is on is an SSD. I don't have a lot of extra space on that drive for large files.

I put three video files in the Mezzmo library. Two of them showed up in Directv with totally different files names (Than what they are named on the PC). How can I get the names listed on Directv to match the file names on the PC?

I can't get a Sony Blu ray player model BDP-BX510 to see the files. It recognizes Mezzmo but doesn't show any files. How can I get it to show the three files I have in the library?

Thank you,

Docfxit

Paul
07-14-2014, 05:02 PM
Some answers:

Transcoded files are stored in the Transcoding folder. You can change this folder location to another drive using the Transcoding Settings dialog.
You can set file names for your titles using Display Titles. See this FAQ how to do this - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/7267-Tutorial-How-to-use-Display-Titles-to-customize-the-titles-of-your-media-files.
Check the device profile assigned to your Sony BDP in the Media Devices dialog. It should one of the 'Sony BDP, HT, SMP' device profiles. Next, make sure you are in the correct mode when browsing on your SOny BDP - i.e. make sure you are in Video mode on your Sony BDP when trying to list videos.

If you are still having problems, let us know and we'll help further.

Docfxit
07-15-2014, 03:36 AM
Some answers:

Transcoded files are stored in the Transcoding folder. You can change this folder location to another drive using the Transcoding Settings dialog.

That worked great.

Some answers:

You can set file names for your titles using Display Titles. See this FAQ how to do this - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/7267-Tutorial-How-to-use-Display-Titles-to-customize-the-titles-of-your-media-files.

That resolved the issue.

Some answers:

Check the device profile assigned to your Sony BDP in the Media Devices dialog. It should one of the 'Sony BDP, HT, SMP' device profiles. Next, make sure you are in the correct mode when browsing on your SOny BDP - i.e. make sure you are in Video mode on your Sony BDP when trying to list videos.

I got it working fine now.

Some answers:

If you are still having problems, let us know and we'll help further.

Is there some way to password protect the program so someone doesn't change the settings?

Thank you very much for your help,

Docfxit

Paul
07-15-2014, 10:11 AM
Glad you are up and running now :)

Is there some way to password protect the program so someone doesn't change the settings?

Sorry - there is no password protection for Mezzmo Windows app.