PDA

View Full Version : Miracast

Gus
07-15-2014, 01:49 AM
Just a quick addition to the wishlist...
I dont know if this is possible or if it needs hardware support etc. but it may be a good idea to include support for Miracast streams.
i.e. Mezzmo acts as a Miracast server and receives connections from Miracast clients, i.e. Phones doing screen share.
Mezzmo then publishes the stream as a playlist etc. allowing DLNA clients to connect and show the stream.

End result is DLNA devices like TVs become Miracast streamers without customers having to shell out for new dongles like Chrome etc. just to get Miracast.

I know no-one else has done this yet so it would be good to be the first.

Just a thought.
cheers
Gus

Paul
07-15-2014, 09:40 AM
Interesting idea, Gus. We'll research & discuss it further here.

Gus
02-06-2015, 12:30 AM
Hi Paul,
dont suppose there has been any movement on this one?

i have an increasing list of devices that support Miracast outbound publishing, and it would be ideal to beam those to my TV, over Mezzmo.

It now seems quite possible to use a Miracast software receiver on a pc:
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=miracast+software+server

and hopefully this kind of connector could be assigned a playlist or similar in Mezzmo, to then be served out.

cheers
Gus

Paul
02-06-2015, 11:43 AM
Hi Gus,

Sorry - no movement as yet. Miracast is a nice idea and we have it on our development plans, but we're very busy at the moment finishing Mezzmo v5.0. Once complete, then we can determine the next set of exciting features. Your vote for Miracast has been duly noted :).