PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo Android App issues

TotalHD
07-17-2014, 03:03 AM
Using the latest release of Mezzmo and App, I recently started experiencing errors streaming a music album to my Oppo 103d. When using the Oppo interface to connect to Mezzmo, all streams fine... however, when using the android App to push the songs of the album, I get the error. The errors started when I noticed I didn't have artwork assigned to the album so I manually edited the artwork through file properties. Once the errors started I reset my library to default, added the music folder and Mezzmo automatically added the artwork for the album, but that didn't fix the problem. All other files can be pushed except for the album I edited. What can I do to restore operation of the files?

TotalHD
07-17-2014, 10:19 AM
It does appear that changing the active playlist artwork creates the issue. I have just changed Actor active playlist artwork and I am no longer able to stream those files with the android app either. Anyone else having this issue?

Paul
07-17-2014, 11:24 AM
Right-click on the active playlist again and delete the artwork. Does it stream OK now?

Just to clarify:

Browsing files, playlists and folders works fine on your Mezzmo Android app?
The streaming problems only occur on your Oppo 103D? Other devices are OK?
For files that cannot be pushed to your Oppo: in Mezzmo, right-click on them and click Properties. On the Properties dialog, delete the artwork and see if you can push them now to your Oppo. Let us know the result.

TotalHD
07-17-2014, 11:08 PM
Right-click on the active playlist again and delete the artwork. Does it stream OK now?

Just to clarify:

Browsing files, playlists and folders works fine on your Mezzmo Android app?
The streaming problems only occur on your Oppo 103D? Other devices are OK?
For files that cannot be pushed to your Oppo: in Mezzmo, right-click on them and click Properties. On the Properties dialog, delete the artwork and see if you can push them now to your Oppo. Let us know the result.

Hi Paul

I don't have any other device to test where I can push files...

Deleting the artwork doesn't resolve the problem...it seems once the artwork is added something gets corrupt and the Mezzmo Android App will not push the file.

Here is what I know...

Everything streams fine (to my knowledge) when I use the Oppo interface to select files to stream, before and after adding artwork.
After adding artwork to an active playlist the mobile App allows me to continue to browse files, playlists and folders without problem, however, when I select the file to play...and jump to the "playing" view...I initially see the file that I selected, but it quickly switches back to a previously streamed file which actually streamed. It seems to be hit or miss as to whether the previously streamed file actually plays.
Deleting the artwork, resetting the library to defaults and restoring my backed up library, has not resolved the problem.

Paul
07-18-2014, 11:52 AM
Understand. Please email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide a patch for you to try.