PDA

View Full Version : Sony BDP-S590 "file is corrupt or Unsupported"

Itchytoe
07-27-2014, 04:42 PM
Hi I have been experiencing a few problems with my Sony BDP-S590 device since one of the late version 3 upgrades. I have today tried to sort through the problems only because i am receiving a few complaints.:mad:

Currently I am using the Sony BDP,HT,SMP (2012 models) profile and this allows me to stream DVD and Bluray without a problem, but some .avi files display the error "file is corrupted or unsupported"

I have tried all the other Sony BDP profiles with limited and changing results. If i use the Sony BDP (compatible) profile then i can play all the different .avi formats (eg .avi, xvid, divx), but then I am no longer able to play any DVD's or Bluray's as all I get is a message on the tv displaying "Loading" which does not progress at all.

Any chance of combining a bit of both profiles to get 1 that can do it all?

Note I have been using Mezzmo for many years now and have never looked back. It is a great product that my family and I absolutely love.

I'm currently using the latest version 4.0.6.0. It is running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, on an Intel 4790K with 16Gig of ram. I know it sounds like over kill, but it allows me to stream Bluray to multiple devices on the fly!

Paul
07-28-2014, 09:55 AM
Right-click on a few of the AVIs (that don't play using the Sony BDP,HT,SMP (2012 models) profile) and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'. Post that information here or email it to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. This will help us determine the problem and how to tweak the device profile.