PDA

View Full Version : Using MAC addresses for devices.

ezywin
07-29-2014, 09:51 AM
Can I suggest using device MAC address instead of allocated IP address?
The IP address changes from time to time and when it does, I have to go back and change the device type for that device to work. This happens when Mezzmo is updated too. The old device is still there and I need to delete it.
I think if we use individual MAC addresses, this will not happen any more.
Just a suggestion.
Cheers

Paul
07-29-2014, 10:35 AM
Mezzmo does use MAC addresses for identifying devices. When a MAC address cannot be obtained, then it uses IP addresses. If you have the "Only use IP addresses to identify devices" checkbox selected in the Media Devices dialog, then only IP address identification is used.

ezywin
07-29-2014, 05:30 PM
Thank you so much for a quick reply. The option to use IP addresses is not selected in my case. Clearly something else is happening then because when the IP changes, the Mac address is all 00 On the old ip. I will follow up more closely to see what is happening in my case.
Thankyou

Chrismallia
07-30-2014, 02:11 AM
Thank you so much for a quick reply. The option to use IP addresses is not selected in my case. Clearly something else is happening then because when the IP changes, the Mac address is all 00 On the old ip. I will follow up more closely to see what is happening in my case.
Thankyou
Hi I am also having the exact same issue, When ever a IP address changes the old profile goes to 00000 and the device will be detected as a new device and I would have to change the device profile manually and remove the old 0000.

Paul
07-30-2014, 09:10 AM
Understand. We'll re-test this here and fix the issue.