PDA

View Full Version : WDTV (New Version) can't see music

DouglasBaker
08-03-2014, 09:39 AM
Hi Paul,

I'm having a bit of an issue with my new WDTV. This is the new version, model WDBYMN0000NBK, that was announced as the Personal Edition, but apparently is going by the same name as the last 3 generations of players (nice work WD). This is the one that supports Miracast.

Anyway, while it plays everything I can throw at it, and can see my music through network shares, it fails to see my music through Mezzmo. It DOES see my videos and photos. When accessing music it gives the error "There is no media in the current folder". I'm running Mezzmo 4.0.6 on a WHS 2011 box.

I'm sending you an email with my logs separately, but wanted to get this posted in case you had any sort of insight.

To date I have tried multiple WD profiles within Mezzmo, but no love. I've also removed and re-added the WD to the Mezzmo devices list, but again, no love.

Thanks in advance!

Doug

Dion
08-03-2014, 11:34 AM
I'm sure they will add a profile for you soon. In the mean time have you tried the Generic Profile? I have gotten good results with the Microsoft Windows Media Player Profile too on devices that aren't supported.

DouglasBaker
08-04-2014, 12:58 AM
Hi Dion,

Thanks for the reply. Frankly, I'll be stunned if it is anything to do with Mezzmo. My anticipation, given that the error comes before it tries to load anything, is that this is a problem with the WD, but given the responsiveness of the Mezzmo staff I thought I'd start here. On the other hand, the WD does seem to know it is connected to Mezzmo, so maybe there is something to it...

No dice on changing the profile to generic - same result.

d-

Paul
08-04-2014, 07:51 AM
We'll analyse your logs and that should tell us why music is not working. We'll respond via email after working through your logs. We may create a new device profile if the new WD model has different format support.

DouglasBaker
08-10-2014, 03:22 PM
Thanks Paul! Appreciate anything you guys can do. I know you all are busy, but thought I'd see where I might fall in the queue. It isn't critical as I can cast music from my phone, but thought I'd check in...

d-

Paul
08-11-2014, 08:02 AM
We have not received your logs :(. If the zipped logs are > 10MB, then you will need upload them to a filesharing site like OneDrive, Dropbox, Google Drive, mega.co.nz, etc. and then email us the download link. If they are < 10MB, then please email them to us again at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and hopefully they reach us this time.

steve+t429
08-19-2014, 06:51 AM
I recently upgraded my WD Live player to the new firmware (with Miracast as referred to above) and have the same error as reported. When accessing the music app, it gives the error message "There is no media in the current folder". Music played just fine from the Mezzmo server prior to the Firmware upgrade.

I've sent my logs to you so that hopefully you can figure out where the problem lies.

Paul
08-19-2014, 09:21 AM
Thanks - we'll analyze the logs and report back via email.

Paul
08-19-2014, 04:47 PM
Update: It seems that the latest firmware version from WD (v2.02.32) has quite a few problems. On WD’s forums, there are a lot of users complaining about it - see http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/bd-p/streaming_discussions. I’d suggest not updating to this new version, or if you have already then downgrading to an earlier firmware version, until they sort it all out.

DouglasBaker
08-26-2014, 11:26 AM
I've upgraded to the new version, but had the problem with the old firmware as well.

I've just re-sent the logs. They are only 299K so presumably you guys will get them okay :)

d-

Paul
08-26-2014, 11:47 AM
Got your logs and the problem is the same as other WD users also reporting problems. It seems the latest WD firmware has some serious problems since it is not functioning correctly. From your logs, I can see that you browsed into the Music playlist. Mezzmo server then delivered back to your WD device the set of playlists under the Music playlist - but your WD aborted communication after that. I suggest you post on the WD forum (http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/bd-p/streaming_discussions) and ask them to fix the firmware problem or ask them for instructions to downgrade to an older firmware version.

Dion
08-26-2014, 04:19 PM
For what it's worth I am running the latest firmware for the WDTV Live Streaming and have ZERO issues with Mezzmo. But I only stream movies. Haven't tried music.

steve+t429
08-26-2014, 04:23 PM
I can confirm, if you "rollback" to firmware 2.01.86 the problems introduced by the newer firmware are resolved.

There are full instructions here - http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/2-02-32-Firmware-no-longer-allows-content/m-p/781937#M32423.

After the change, you need to go to Setup > System > Auto Detect New Firmware > Off, otherwise when you power on the WD TV, it will offer the new firmware which clearly is full of bugs!

Paul
08-26-2014, 04:51 PM
Many thanks the confirmation & instructions for rolling back.