PDA

View Full Version : 4.0.6.0- a totally positive upgrade experience

BeFi
08-03-2014, 09:48 PM
Paul & Peter.

Using Mezzmo for 3y plus I am amazed by the upgrade from 3.4.3 to 4.0.6 which went totally seamless:

My three TVs are working as before, my music streaming devices (iphone, ipad, Yamaha high-end streamer) have been working without a glitch since the upgrade. There are no side effects so far - no excess CPU usage, no hangers of Mezzmo media server etc. Lib maintenance - using the same settings as before - takes similar time.

I admit I haven't made any use of the new 4.0 functionality yet. I am most interested in the Smart Filter functionality to segregate my FLAC library into several content categories for my i-devices. But now that the basic functionality seems stable I am going to experiment.

Praise to the team at Conceiva - that was a textbook example of rolling out a major new release.

Bernhard

Paul
08-04-2014, 09:14 AM
Many thanks, Bernhard. Glad you are up and running with the latest version :).

BeFi
09-14-2014, 10:42 PM
After a few weeks of running on 4.0.6 I have to say that this seems to be the most stable version of Mezzmo I have so far used in 3y+ since I embarked on Mezzmo.
After Paul had resolved an instability with HD streams that turned out to be two Mezzmo media_servers started at system startup and interfering with each other I have not seen a single failure on SD or HD videos nor on my 200GB FLAC database.

The new Smart Filter functionality for Playlists is a great feature. I can now create genre-based databases (e.g. Rock, Jazz) and have the Artists nicely sorted.

Having gone through a few less appealing version upgrades, even upgrades on the digit after the decimal point I hope that the Mezzmo team has gained experience over time and that this has become the norm.

Regards
Bernhard

Paul
09-15-2014, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Bernhard (& for hanging in there during those 'less appealing version upgrades'!)