PDA

View Full Version : How Random Are My Playlists?

AndyCr15
09-04-2014, 04:30 AM
Let me start off by saying I love Mezzmo, it allows me to create my own TV channel, streaming random TV shows from given folders.

I just want to check, is it really random? I have 4 TV Shows, around 1,000 episodes, it's surprising how often I will see the same show in the randomly created playlist.

Is there a limit to the number of shows or anything like that?

Thanks.

Paul
09-04-2014, 09:53 AM
When you choose "Random Shuffle" as your playlist sorting, then Mezzmo randomly shuffles the list of files in the playlist / folder each time the playlist / folder is accessed by your device(s) or when you click on the playlist / folder in your Mezzmo (Windows) app. You can check this by clicking on the playlist / folder in the tree in your Mezzmo (Windows) app on your PC and see if the sorting is different each time. One possible reason you are seeing the same orders of your files listed on your DLNA device is that your device's firmware may be caching the result and re-listing the files from previous occurrences. To check this, try turning your device off and on again and check if the list if files is different now.

There is no limit to the number of shows in your playlist / folder.

AndyCr15
09-04-2014, 04:32 PM
Okay, thanks for your answer.