PDA

View Full Version : TV Series Play Order

Marshall1975
09-15-2014, 04:36 AM
All my TV series are in folders titled, Series, Season. In mezzmo the episodes are layed out in order. ie. 1-12. But when I view the folder on my samsung UA48H6400 it shows the episodes in the wrong order. Am I missing something obvious.

Paul
09-15-2014, 11:32 AM
That's probably your TV's firmware sorting the list of titles alphabetically (rather than just displaying the list of files as delivered to it by Mezzmo server). This is a silly/annoying feature for firmware in the latest Samsung F-series and H-series TVs.

To fix this, we added %FILECOUNTER% as a keyword for Display Titles to specifically gets around Samsung's own alpha sorting. See this FAQ how to use Display Titles - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/7267-Tutorial-How-to-use-Display-Titles-to-customize-the-titles-of-your-media-files?p=28294#post28294. If you are still having problems, let us know and we'll help further.

Marshall1975
09-15-2014, 10:39 PM
Paul. Changing to the FILECOUNTER option has no effect. Also I cannot get the filenames to show on the episodes of each file. Capture pic shows the settings set to filename but nothing changes. Capture 1 pic shows the default settings but im unsure as where to exactly place the %FILENAME% tag to make sure the file name is displayed so any info on how exactly that line looks would be appreciated. Whats weird is changing the display properties of a film has the desired effect but not so with tv series.727728729

Paul
09-16-2014, 09:49 AM
Display titles can be set in the Options dialog & this has an effect for all your files in your Mezzmo library. Additionally, Display titles can be set for the files that are listed in a specific folder or playlist - which is what is happening in the 'TV series' playlist. So, right-click on the playlist / folder in the tree in Mezzmo and click Properties. On the Properties dialog, click the Display Titles button and check if there are specific Display titles set there. You can change them to what you require.