PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo crashed and now all my folders and default playlists are gone

bimbamboom
09-19-2014, 09:13 AM
I'm using the trial version of Mezzmo and hoping to use it to replace my Jriver Media Center.

I was changing some folder art and suddenly my Win8 64bit PC reported that the application had crashed. It displayed a dialog box to go to the folder where the crash log was located. When I restarted Mezzmo all of the folders and playlists were gone. Just a Library, Stuff to Burn, and Search Results icons showing in the left hand pane. I also tried stopping and starting the service as well. Is there an easy way to get all my custom folders and default playlists back?
Thanks

Paul
09-19-2014, 09:21 AM
First step is we'd like to get the crash dump ZIP file so we can fix the reason that Mezzmo crashed. When you clicked 'Go To Folder', it will take you to a folder in Windows Explorer. Email us the crash dump ZIP file to support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Regarding your missing playlists, it's best we see a set of logs. Turn on logging (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Exit Mezzmo app and then start it again. Browse some of your playlists (if possible). Then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

bimbamboom
09-20-2014, 11:42 PM
I've gone ahead and rebuilt my folders and playlists. I'm going to continue my evaluation for the time being.

I'd like to make a couple of suggestions for future releases.

1) It would be nice to have a "Back" button, similar to the Back button in various web browsers. That way as you drill down to the various levels of the tree structure, you could press the Back button to navigate back to the previous view.
2) It would be nice if the Mezzmo icon in the Notification area would remain visible even after closing the GUI. That way it will show the user that the service is still running on the PC.

Thanks

bimbamboom
09-22-2014, 08:41 AM
I've been testing Mezzmo for a few days now and I'm having some issues.

Playing mp4 or mkv files to my Panasonic DT60 3D 2013 TV:

Files play ok but if I try to FF or Rew the video freezes. I then have to back out to the previous menu on the TV. I know the TV supports the FF and Rew functions as it works fine when using Media Center. I'm using the Panasonic Vierra 2013 profile, and I've already tried all the other Panasonic profiles. So getting the FF and Rew functions to work would be appreciated.
Thanksl

Peter
09-22-2014, 10:30 AM
Hi,
it is best if you enable diagnostic logging http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging then after restarting your Mezzmo media server try playing an mkv or mp4 file and then fast forward or Rewind and send us the logs (support [at] conceiva [dot] com) after the video freezes so we can investigate the problem.

bimbamboom
09-22-2014, 01:03 PM
Ok, I'll send them tomorrow evening.