PDA

View Full Version : Difference between active playlists and folders

bimbamboom
09-25-2014, 07:38 AM
I'm trying to understand the difference between active playlists and folders. From what I understand, a folder is a type off playlist. But under what circumstances would you use a folder instead of a active playlist, and vice versa?
Thanks in advance.

Paul
09-25-2014, 10:14 AM
A folder is a direct representation of an existing folder on your computer's hard disk or NAS drive. You would add a folder into your Mezzmo library if you have organized all your media files into folders & sub-folders and you want to browse this folder tree on your devices.

An active playlist is a tree hierarchy of attributes of your media files. It is dynamically created and maintained by Mezzmo. In Mezzmo, there are several active playlists that created in your Mezzmo library when you first install Mezzmo - for example, under the Music playlist there are Artist, Genre and Albums Artist playlists. These are all active playlists. Right-click on one of them and click Properties to display the Active Playlist Properties dialog. This will give you an idea of how it works and what keywords are used to create it.

Also, click the Help button on Folder Properties dialog or Active Playlist dialog and you can read detailed help about playlists and folders.

bimbamboom
09-25-2014, 11:19 AM
Great, I got it now.