PDA

View Full Version : Sony Bravia TV not seeing the mezzmo service after a hard drive crash on my PC

GreenwichSi
09-29-2014, 10:50 PM
Hi, got an issue that's causing me to tear my hair out a bit. Prior to the weekend, I was running mezzmo on my Win 7 box with no problems whatsoever UNTIL (dramatic music) my hard drive upped and died on me. So, new hard drive bought, mezzmo reinstalled, the only difference is that I installed win 8.1 on my machine.

The problem I have is that although Mezzmo itself runs, my TV (Sony Bravia KDL 46EX) can no longer see the mezzmo service after I press the "internet video" button on my remote. I'm fairly certain it's not an issue with win 8.1 itself as I had a previous dalliance with windows 8 a while back and I remember it working fine with mezzmo which makes we think I've stuffed something up with the install but I genuinely have no idea what!

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Simon

Paul
09-30-2014, 08:40 AM
Hi Simon,

Something on your home network will be blocking DLNA / UPnP communication between your TV and Mezzmo server running on your PC. Typically this is your firewall or your router's settings. Read this FAQ - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1183-FAQ-Cannot-see-Mezzmo-on-your-DLNA-device. It contains the common reasons for your problem and suggest solutions for each possible cause. If no success, let us know and we'll help further.

GreenwichSi
09-30-2014, 09:05 AM
Hi Simon,

Something on your home network will be blocking DLNA / UPnP communication between your TV and Mezzmo server running on your PC. Typically this is your firewall or your router's settings. Read this FAQ - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/1183-FAQ-Cannot-see-Mezzmo-on-your-DLNA-device. It contains the common reasons for your problem and suggest solutions for each possible cause. If no success, let us know and we'll help further.

Hi!

Thanks for your help, the point
"•For Sony devices, use your remote control to go to Settings -> Network -> Server Display Settings. Press Options to delete all servers and then press Options again to update the server list." was the relevant one, it seems I had too many inputs selected to be displayed on the relevant screen so it was a case of deactivating the OLD mezzmo option and activating the new one.

Again, thanks for your help.

Simon

Paul
09-30-2014, 10:44 AM
Glad you are up and running now and thanks for posting the fix for other Sony device owners.