PDA

View Full Version : Dual Home/VPN Network Connectivity Issue

GreenOnyx
06-21-2008, 11:59 AM
I submitted the below case to support (ID 18007) but I haven't seen any movement on it, so I thought I'd check her or at least let people know others have seen the issue.

I was having trouble streaming to my Denon 3808. The server showed fine, but when I tried to play a file it would not play. I enabled logging and noticed some IP references that referred not to my local LAN, but to a VPN I was connected to. I disconnected from the VPN, restarted sharing, and everything streamed fine.

I'm not sure why this would happen since the receiver does see the server on the local lan and can browse it fine, but evidently the dual networks are causing some type of streaming issue. Is there a way to fix this or bind to a subnet?

----------------------------------------
Product: Mezzmo Version 1.1.2.0
Trial: yes
O/S: Windows Vista
Category: Other

Paul
06-23-2008, 08:42 AM
I submitted the below case to support (ID 18007) but I haven't seen any movement on it, so I thought I'd check her or at least let people know others have seen the issue.

Hello,

I'm sorry, we had some brief server problems and it looks like your ticket got lost :( That's why there was no reply. Very sorry for that... Thank you for your patience!

I was having trouble streaming to my Denon 3808. The server showed fine, but when I tried to play a file it would not play. I enabled logging and noticed some IP references that referred not to my local LAN, but to a VPN I was connected to. I disconnected from the VPN, restarted sharing, and everything streamed fine.

I'm not sure why this would happen since the receiver does see the server on the local lan and can browse it fine, but evidently the dual networks are causing some type of streaming issue. Is there a way to fix this or bind to a subnet?

I don't have an immediate solution for this, but with the next update this issue might not be present at all, because we reworked some of our networking code to be more robust and stable.

We are planning on releasing an update in July, so I hope you will not have this problem after that.

Dennis

GreenOnyx
06-23-2008, 11:57 PM
Thanks, Dennis, I appreciate the info. I'll let you know if I have any issues after the update. Obviously it's a pretty easy work around, so not a huge issue for now.

Thanks again!