PDA

View Full Version : Retain playcount on Maintain library

Magnus
10-14-2014, 12:41 AM
Hi Paul,
It would be very good to be able to retain the play count (as was done for ratings in a previous request).
This count is very important to be able to return to an episode after a certain absence from watching a series since I include it in the episode Display title.
Maybe just a check-box option to retain?

Keep up the brilliant work - Mezzmo is truly the best on the market :)
Thanks,
Magnus

Paul
10-14-2014, 09:59 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, Magnus. It makes sense.

Paul
10-14-2014, 11:24 AM
Just checked this now. It appears that play count is already retained after maintenance. Can you let us the know the steps to maintain your files and lose your play count?

Magnus
10-14-2014, 07:45 PM
so sorry, I must have crossed my wires when testing the language issue across the 2 PCs...:confused:

But that brings up an idea - since I needed to reset the %playcount% on some Seasons/Episodes in a new database, what would be nice to have is a multi-record update of the episodes in one operation.
It's tedious to manually update each and every episode in a season...
Somewhat like the multi-record update in iTunes...
I'm not sure if there are any useful user fields other than %playcount%, but that would be an interesting one.
Thanks and again, so sorry...

Paul
10-15-2014, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the confirmation.

Regarding changing attributes for many files, you can select them all (using the CTRL or SHIFT key when you click on them in Mezzmo or using rubberbanding with your mouse to select them) and then right-click on one of the selected files and click 'Properties'. The Properties dialog will display all attributes that are the same for the selected files. Attributes that are not the same for the selected files will be left blank. Any changes you make will be applied to all selected files. So for your play count, select the files and display the Properties dialog. Set the play count to (say) 1 and click OK. This will set the play count for all the selected files to 1. Repeat the steps to rest it back the play count to 0.