PDA

View Full Version : Does fast forward/rewind work on Samsung Blue-ray players?

Alan_C
10-20-2014, 05:32 PM
I have an older TV that doesn't support DLNA so I was going to buy a Blue-ray player and use that for my streaming to the TV via Mezzmo. I see an inexpensive one at a local shop that i was considering. It's a Samsung H5100.

I read some post here about Samsung Blue-ray players not supporting fast forward/rewind, but the posts were 4-years old.

I was wondering if things have changed and if Samsung supports FF/RW (or skip forward/skip backwards)

Thanks.

Paul
10-20-2014, 05:41 PM
The newer Samsung TVs and Blu-ray players do support FF/REW better than their older models. It's still not perfect, but I think it's usable in the later models we have tried. I am not sure it has been further improved in the latest H-series models (such as the H5100 you are considering). We discuss this in an FAQ - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/6046-Tutorial-How-to-fast-forward-rewind-(FF-REW)-on-your-Samsung-TV.

An alternative to a Blu-ray player is a media player such as a WD TV Live. They cheap (<$100), have good format support and work well with Mezzmo.