PDA

View Full Version : Frequent DLS failures in Win 8.1

oblivion
10-21-2014, 08:37 AM
I seem to get a DLS crash regularly, once the file has been downloaded and written back to disk but before it's been removed from the download list. (I use Firefox.) Under Windows 7 (on my netbook) I don't see these problems; I have DownloadStudio set up pretty much identically on the desktop as the netbook, with the exception of the desktop being 64-bit 8.1.

Every time, it generates a crash file.

I have a vague memory that the first time this happened, I emailed it in and someone from Conceiva said "yes, this is a known problem, we'll fix it in the next release."

I can't find any evidence of this: I must've deleted the email. (Or I dreamed it.)

Are there any known problems right now? Should I send in another crash dump?

-- bests, Tim

Peter
10-21-2014, 09:40 AM
Hi Tim,
please send us the crash dump so we can see if it is from a crash that we have already fixed. If it is we can send you a download link for DownloadStudio 10 beta to try.

oblivion
10-28-2014, 06:01 AM
Hi Tim,
please send us the crash dump so we can see if it is from a crash that we have already fixed. If it is we can send you a download link for DownloadStudio 10 beta to try.

I've sent them by email -- did they arrive okay?

Peter
10-28-2014, 08:52 AM
Hi Tim,
we did not receive the emails, possibly they were rejected by the email server due to the size of the attachment? Can you please upload the crash dump to www.dropbox.com or Google Drive and then send us a download link to support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

oblivion
11-16-2014, 08:59 AM
Hi Tim,
we did not receive the emails, possibly they were rejected by the email server due to the size of the attachment? Can you please upload the crash dump to www.dropbox.com or Google Drive and then send us a download link to support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

I've emailed links to my last two crash dumps (hosted at Box.com).

Thanks.

I don't have any more recent dumps -- I'm currently doing all my downloading either with DLS on my Win 7 netbook or, on the Win8 machine, with Firefox's native functionality.

-- bests, Tim

Paul
11-17-2014, 07:58 AM
Thanks, Tim. We'll analyse the crash dumps and fix the problem for the next DownloadStudio release.