PDA

View Full Version : Probably doing it wrong, but

Drifternz
10-15-2010, 12:02 AM
Hi,
First of all let me say this is the best substitute for samsungs pc share that I have come across. I have no problems playing videos on my samsung UA32C6200 even though I am not totally sure what profile to use. I thought the samsung C would be the best, but the telly would not play the videos, so now I am using the samsung HTS profile and everything seems to be running great.:D

My problem is with the folders and files that Mezzmo picks up.

I have a movie folder which has other folders in it that I didn't want added to the library. I added the folder and unchecked the "include sub folders" option. However, to my dismay it still added the contents of the sub folders into the library under all videos. I have since moved the sub folders out of that folder as a way around this, but am a little annoyed that I had to.:confused:

Also, anything in the "My Videos" folder under documents and settings is picked up by default, which I don't want, same as it also found the "New Folder" folder on my desktop with a silly 10 sec clip I was sent.

I purposely didn't get it to scan my drive and add all videos as I have a lot of small clips that I didn't want in the library.

I understand that I can make play lists so they aren't played on the telly, but I didn't want them in the library in the first place. Over half of them crash the ffmpeg.exe while trying to extract thumbnails from them, so I am shifting things around on my drives at the moment so they aren't picked up, but this is making a mess of the way I had my hard drive organized.:(

How do I stop it from finding videos in places that I don't want it to look? :confused:

Paul
10-15-2010, 09:01 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the kind feedback!

With folders - when you initially install Mezzmo and first run it, there's a dialog to add the standard folders in - if you clicked "OK" there, then that's most probably where your "My Videos" came from. You can go to Videos -> Folders in the tree and delete the subfolder in that, if you wish.

Also, if you use "Add Folder", then that will pick up subfolders when you traverse it - if you want to add files from just one folder it's better to use the "Scan..." command.

Drifternz
10-15-2010, 11:47 AM
Thanks for the kind feedback! You are welcome..

I can't remember seeing that option when I installed it so yeah-that is probably where they came from..

You can go to Videos -> Folders in the tree and delete the subfolder in that, if you wish.

They are not showing up as folders under videos otherwise I would have tried that..just the videos out of them are shown under all videos. The only folder that I have is the movie folder that I put there.

if you want to add files from just one folder it's better to use the "Scan..." command.

Thanks for the tip..I glanced at the scan command but misinterpreted it as only being able to scan the whole drive and entering everything it found in to the library.