PDA

View Full Version : DTS dropouts

DaveG
10-27-2014, 08:16 PM
Hi all. I am streaming to my Samsung tv and then to my Yamaha rec. Getting audio dropouts, stuttering only with DTS. Strangely it doesnt always dropout. Video is fine.
Any ideas please?
Cheers

Peter
10-28-2014, 08:32 AM
Hi Dave,
this problem could be in the encoding of the file, can you please try pre-transcoding the file to see if the audio is better?

DaveG
10-28-2014, 08:22 PM
Hi Peter
Have just tried as you suggested. I see my Samsung tv fine, but when choosing format I get the option of MKV but only ac3 on the audio. Does that mean I do not have the correct codec installed?
Cheers

DaveG
10-28-2014, 11:58 PM
I read a comment from one of your users from couple years ago. He suggested converting the mkv to m2ts.
I have done this using TsMuxer and the problem is solved. So I am now streaming without transcoding and DTS is passing through tv to the amp without any stuttering at all.
Hope this helps others.

Cheers

Paul
10-29-2014, 07:01 AM
Glad you are up and running now. Thanks for sharing your solution.

jbinkley60
10-29-2014, 08:18 AM
I read a comment from one of your users from couple years ago. He suggested converting the mkv to m2ts.
I have done this using TsMuxer and the problem is solved. So I am now streaming without transcoding and DTS is passing through tv to the amp without any stuttering at all.
Hope this helps others.

Cheers

That was likely me. I use m2ts for everything and recommend it. It is slightly less feature rich than MKV but I find it universally supportable across almost any end point streamer, TV etc. I've got 2 Samsung Smart TVs and both work fine unless the audio track is True-HD. Then I convert to AC3. DTS works great.

DaveG
10-29-2014, 08:30 AM
That was likely me. I use m2ts for everything and recommend it. It is slightly less feature rich than MKV but I find it universally supportable across almost any end point streamer, TV etc. I've got 2 Samsung Smart TVs and both work fine unless the audio track is True-HD. Then I convert to AC3. DTS works great.

It was pure fluke I saw your comments. Wish I had found it earlier. You would not believe the tests I have run to discover the cause. Has been extremely frustrating LOL.
Have you managed to get FF & RW working?
Also, are you finding the time counter is showing wrong when streaming the film?

Cheers

jbinkley60
10-29-2014, 11:22 AM
It was pure fluke I saw your comments. Wish I had found it earlier. You would not believe the tests I have run to discover the cause. Has been extremely frustrating LOL.
Have you managed to get FF & RW working?
Also, are you finding the time counter is showing wrong when streaming the film?

Cheers

FF/RW only work with certain models of Samsung Smart TVs. The time search seems fine as does the skip function. On occasion the time counter is wrong. In those cases I often rip the file into a different bitrate vs. m2ts passthrough (using DVDfab). This forces it to rewrite the reference frames and the file info.

DaveG
10-30-2014, 02:03 AM
I will check that out. Thanks for the tip :)