PDA

View Full Version : Roku 3 Experience?

halexh
11-01-2014, 01:46 AM
Since the Roku 3 recently became DLNA enabled, I am wondering if anyone has successfully used one with Mezzmo and what their experience has been? I have been using Mezzmo for almost 4 years now to stream to my smart TV, but I will be purchasing a non-smart TV, which I will hook up a set-top box to, in order to obtain video from my PC via Mezzmo. I am considering a Roku 3 or a WD TV Live.

The majority of what is watched will be coming from Mezzmo, so that is why I am wondering how good the experience is between a Roku 3 and Mezzmo. I would consider a WD TV Live, but I like the fact that the Roku 3 supports a lot more internet related things (amazon instant video being the main attraction for me).

Thanks!

hartlenb
11-04-2014, 03:57 AM
I tried it back in March with limited success -- Audio and pictures worked fine but I had to pre-transcode my video files. Pre-transcode was required because my home video files frame-rate were more than the Roku3 could handle AND my Mezzmo server (an AMD Phenom II 820, 2.8GHz, quad core with 6GB RAM) wasn't capable of keeping up on the fly. If I pretranscoded my files it worked well.

Paul
07-22-2016, 12:15 PM
FYI - Beta testing is now open for our new Mezzmo for Roku App. See http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/8851-Mezzmo-for-Roku-App-Invitation-for-Beta-testers.