PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo 4.1.0.0 Crashing

Booms
11-01-2014, 11:34 PM
Hi, I had no problems with Mezzmo, but now having updated to version 4.1.0.0 it keeps crashing and creating a dump file.
I have attached the latest dump file for you to look at, and would be grateful for any help. Forget this...it will not let me upload the dump files, I keep getting error messages.
Many thanks.

Mythril
11-02-2014, 12:02 AM
Hi, I had no problems with Mezzmo, but now having updated to version 4.1.0.0 it keeps crashing and creating a dump file.
I have attached the latest dump file for you to look at, and would be grateful for any help. Forget this...it will not let me upload the dump files, I keep getting error messages.
Many thanks.

I've exactly the same problem. Ever since upgrading to 4.1.0.0 my Mezzmo keeps crashing. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it but still no joy.

paulsalter
11-02-2014, 12:25 AM
I got the same today (yesterday it was ok), will try later to see if I have the same problem

I have emailed the dump files

atreistm
11-02-2014, 04:25 AM
Since the upgrade , my mezzmo server is constantly crashing. Is it possible to roll back to the previous version without having to rebuild my database ?

Mythril
11-02-2014, 06:44 AM
Is there a way to download the previous version because as it stands at the moment I'm unable to stream anything to any device without Mezzmo crashing so I've uninstalled it ?

Roadwart
11-02-2014, 07:53 AM
Installed the trial version for a mate today & it also keeps crashing. Didn`t think to check the version number but as I downloaded it today I suspect its also version 4.1

kraksen
11-02-2014, 08:06 AM
Same here.

Everything was working fine with previous version. Tried a clean install of Mezzmo, no luck either. So need to reconfigure everything from scratch :(

My TV is unable to browse my files. It says "request cannot be completede", exits, and crashes Mezzmo server as well, forcing it not being visible anymore. Trying to stop/start the media server triggers an error everytime, error code 1053 (when stopping).

Win 8.1, Samsung E-series TV from 2013.

Paul
11-02-2014, 09:05 AM
Sorry for the problems. We have had a few reports of crashing with v4.1.0.0 and have created a patch. Users who have tried it are reporting no more crashes. So, email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide the patch to try. If that works, then we'll release a minor update for all users ASAP. Also, please do email us your crash dump ZIP files so we can check what is going wrong on your setup.

Paul
11-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Update: Mezzmo v4.1.1.0 has just been released and it contains fixes for the crashes that some users have been reporting. Several users have confirmed the new version fixes their problem. If you still have problems let us know and we'll help out.

kraksen
11-03-2014, 02:13 AM
Hi Paul,

I think it's the second time i am experiencing problems in my 2-3 years with Mezzmo, and once again, a solution promptly delivered.

You guys really provide a great and competent support, really appreciated, so thanks!

Everythings seem to be working fine now :)

Roadwart
11-03-2014, 02:31 AM
Installed the new 4.1.1.0 & the crashes have stopped. Well done on such a fast fix guys!

Mythril
11-03-2014, 03:41 AM
I got a new SSD today so I'm in the middle of a reinstallation. So far Mezzmo 4.1.0.0 seems to be running okay but I'm still finding I can't add a hard drive. It has to be the folder within the hard drive otherwise I get the error message "Request can not be completed. You will be returned to the main menu" on my Samsung UE55HU8500T :(

*Edit: I've weird things going on. For a good few hours I could not get a single Bluray .iso to play to my Samsung TV. Now all of a sudden, their all playing. I can't work this out. I've started a log file and I'll leave it running for a few days to see if it trips up again and I'll fire it off to you Paul.

atreistm
11-03-2014, 06:47 AM
I have installed the patch and the program is still crashing. I am running the program with logging on to see if I can pinpoint when it fails.

Paul
11-03-2014, 10:01 AM
I got a new SSD today so I'm in the middle of a reinstallation. So far Mezzmo 4.1.0.0 seems to be running okay but I'm still finding I can't add a hard drive. It has to be the folder within the hard drive otherwise I get the error message "Request can not be completed. You will be returned to the main menu" on my Samsung UE55HU8500T :(

*Edit: I've weird things going on. For a good few hours I could not get a single Bluray .iso to play to my Samsung TV. Now all of a sudden, their all playing. I can't work this out. I've started a log file and I'll leave it running for a few days to see if it trips up again and I'll fire it off to you Paul.

Thanks for reporting these issues. Regarding the adding a hard drive problem, please capture a set of logs for this and send them to us so we know what's happening. For the ISO problem, also send us a set of logs when you reproduce the problem and we'll look into it.

Paul
11-03-2014, 10:03 AM
I have installed the patch and the program is still crashing. I am running the program with logging on to see if I can pinpoint when it fails.

I suggest you install Mezzmo v4.1.1.0, if you have not already. If Mezzmo is still crashing, then please email the crash dump ZIP files to support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll be able to fix the issue quickly. When a crash occurs, the Mezzmo crash window is displayed. Click the "Go To Folder" button and you will see the crash dump ZIP files(s) listed in Windows Explorer.