PDA

View Full Version : Play To feature

Francesco
11-02-2014, 09:14 PM
When I right-click on a file in Mezzmo, the Play To shows only the submenu "refresh": no device is listed.
If I click on "devices" in the Play To panel, no device is listed: only a grey area.

And another small bug. In Options/Menu Browser, when selecting "Only these file types" and checking some file types, the selected choice is not remembered.

Paul
11-03-2014, 09:56 AM
Play To requires that you have DLNA devices on your home network that are digital media renderers (DMRs). Typically, most DLNA devices are DMRs, but some are not and they will not be listed as Play To devices - for example, PS3, some LG TV models, some Panasonic Viera TV models, etc. What DLNA devices (incl. model numbers) do you have on your home network?

Francesco
11-03-2014, 12:49 PM
I had a Panasonic Viera TV 50VT50 and a Panasonic DMR-BWT700 Blu-ray recorder with static IPs on my home network (the profiles - autoassigned by mezzmo itself - are "Panasonic Viera 2013 base models" for both devices). Both are listed in the network pane of mezzmo 4.1.1.0 but none of two appears in the "Play To" menu.
PS. I realize only now that i can't stream anymore ANY file to the DMR-BWT700 bd recorder using mezzmo. The answer of the DLNA server of the device is always the same for every file of the mezzo library: "Cannot play" (but the same files are streamed correctly to the device through Powerdvd14 server or WMP). What's the wrong with this new version of mezzmo? I think I will switch back to v4.0.6.0!

Paul
11-03-2014, 01:03 PM
Unfortunately, your Panasonic devices are not digital media renderers. We have several Viera models here and none are DMRs either. Your Panasonic DMR-BWT700 Blu-ray recorder is listed under "Network Media" since this pane lists all media servers on your home network and your Panasonic DMR-BWT700 Blu-ray recorder is a digital media server (DMS).

Regarding your streaming problem, check that transcoding is turned on. Go to the Transcoding Settings dialog to check this and then edit your device in the Media Devices dialog. On the Device Settings dialog, go to the Transcoding tab and make sure transcoding is turned on there also.

If still no success, then it's best we see a set of logs. Turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Reproduce the streaming problem and then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

Francesco
11-04-2014, 12:42 AM
I understand. I was sure that DMR-BWT700 was a dmr device but I think your answer is correct, the Panasonic dmr model is the dmr-BWT720.
Regarding the streaming problem, yes, the transcode option on my mezzo was unchecked. Now the streaming works. Only with mkv files I have now some problem because after transcoding the original wide aspect ratio of some files is lost; anyway thank you, Paul, for your help.

Paul
11-04-2014, 09:13 AM
Glad you are back up and running. Thanks for the confirmation.