PDA

View Full Version : PS3 not detecting photo or music files

LightAce
07-02-2008, 08:44 AM
I set up the media server and made sure all my files are where their supposed to be. And I made sure that all files are supported. When I try to go to the folder where my music and pictures are it says "there are are no titles". While when I check the videos all of them are detected.

Paul
07-02-2008, 08:47 AM
I set up the media server and made sure all my files are where their supposed to be. And I made sure that all files are supported. When I try to go to the folder where my music and pictures are it says "there are are no titles". While when I check the videos all of them are detected.
Hello,

Can you please generate a log file and send it over to support@conceiva.com ?

To generate a log file, start Mezzmo, go to Tools -> Options and then on the General page make sure there's a checkmark in the "Enable diagnostic logging" checkbox.

After that restart Mezzmo and try streaming again.

The log files will be generated in one of the following folders (depending if you have Windows XP or Vista):

XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Conceiva\Logs
Vista: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Conceiva\Logs

Please send them to me (just zip up everything you have in those directories) and I'll see what I can do.

Thank you,

Dennis

steppinwolf
04-10-2010, 10:15 PM
I'm experiencing the same issue described by LightAce:

When I try to go to the folder where my music and pictures are it says "there are are no titles". While when I check the videos all of them are detected.
My picture files are mostly JPG and music files mostly MP3. Nothing unusual. Would it be possible to post the resolution for this issue to help others with similar hardware/issues?

Mezzmo 2.1.4.0
Windows 7 Pro 64 on Intel i7 860, 4GB RAM
Sony PS3
Samsung LCD TV: LN46A850S1FXZA
Wired 100BaseT network connection to PS3

RMerlin
04-11-2010, 02:21 AM
Did you try copying some of the missing files to a different location, and sharing this folder in Mezzmo? It could be a folder permission issue if your videos are in a totally different location than the missing (images/music) files.

Paul
04-12-2010, 09:18 AM
I'm experiencing the same issue described by LightAce:

My picture files are mostly JPG and music files mostly MP3. Nothing unusual. Would it be possible to post the resolution for this issue to help others with similar hardware/issues?

Mezzmo 2.1.4.0
Windows 7 Pro 64 on Intel i7 860, 4GB RAM
Sony PS3
Samsung LCD TV: LN46A850S1FXZA
Wired 100BaseT network connection to PS3
Can you please generate a log file and send to support e-mail? I think you've sent an e-mail to support as well, right? I'll reply to you in more detail there.

Did you try copying some of the missing files to a different location, and sharing this folder in Mezzmo? It could be a folder permission issue if your videos are in a totally different location than the missing (images/music) files.
Yes, that's one possibility as well, thank you for bringing it up.

And of course a very common issue is when you are in one mode on the PS3 and you're trying to browse folders with files in another mode on the server (e.g., you're in "Videos" on the PS3, but browsing an "All Photos" folders on the server) - that happens more often than anything else :)

steppinwolf
04-17-2010, 10:07 AM
... of course a very common issue is when you are in one mode on the PS3 and you're trying to browse folders with files in another mode on the server (e.g., you're in "Videos" on the PS3, but browsing an "All Photos" folders on the server) - that happens more often than anything else :) This turned out to be the problem as we discussed. Mezzmo displays folders from all media types in every PS3 XMB (Cross Media Bar) category--even if they don't belong there (perhaps a PS3 issue as much as a Mezzmo issue). This confusing XMB issue will not necessarily be well-known to new Mezzmo users. If it's as common as you say, that would make it a good candidate for the FAQ section. :)