PDA

View Full Version : Possible 4.x Issue

ftanner
11-11-2014, 06:05 AM
I have a Samsung UN55D6050 using the Samsung D device profile. I have a movies folder with about 1,000 or so movies in it. Prior to upgrading to 4.x, whenever I would select this folder on the TV it would open the folder up after about ten or fifteen seconds of saying Loading. Since upgrading to 4.1.1.0, whenever I select this folder it just says Loading and stays there indefinitely with the cursor rotating. I let the TV set like this for approximately thirty minutes. Folders with a smaller item count seem to work just as they always have.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

jbinkley60
11-11-2014, 08:51 AM
I have a Samsung UN55D6050 using the Samsung D device profile. I have a movies folder with about 1,000 or so movies in it. Prior to upgrading to 4.x, whenever I would select this folder on the TV it would open the folder up after about ten or fifteen seconds of saying Loading. Since upgrading to 4.1.1.0, whenever I select this folder it just says Loading and stays there indefinitely with the cursor rotating. I let the TV set like this for approximately thirty minutes. Folders with a smaller item count seem to work just as they always have.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Just an FYI, I have seen this comment in all of my Samsung manuals:

Sorting the files in Folder view mode can display up to 1,000 files per folder

in the Photos, Videos & Music playback section.

Paul
11-11-2014, 12:16 PM
It's best we see a set of logs when this "Loading" message appears. Turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Now reproduce the "Loading" message on your TV and wait a few minutes. Then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

ftanner
11-12-2014, 05:39 AM
Just an FYI, I have seen this comment in all of my Samsung manuals:

Sorting the files in Folder view mode can display up to 1,000 files per folder

in the Photos, Videos & Music playback section.

There are approximately 830 items in the folder, including sub folders. There are not 1,000 "raw" items in the folder. That is good information to have though. I appreciate it.

ftanner
11-12-2014, 05:40 AM
It's best we see a set of logs when this "Loading" message appears. Turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Now reproduce the "Loading" message on your TV and wait a few minutes. Then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

I will get you those logs tonight, Paul. I will upgrade to 4.1.2.0 first to see if the issue occurs in that version.

Thank you.

Paul
11-12-2014, 09:48 AM
OK - thanks.

ftanner
11-12-2014, 12:54 PM
OK - thanks.

I'm not sure what, if anything, changed in 4.1.2.0 vs 4.1.1.0 as far as that goes, but it seems like it is working now. Of course, it could be just a restart of the service that fixed it.

Thank you.

Paul
11-12-2014, 01:10 PM
Understand. Let us know if the problem re-occurs and email us a set of logs so we can help out.