PDA

View Full Version : Have problems on Server 2008 R2

shueardm
11-12-2014, 01:12 AM
I have been using the Mezzmo on a Win 8.1 as well as Server 2008 R2. The Win 8.1 machine works fine. The Server 2008 R2 machine has been problematic and now I have it corrupted or something.

Whenever I had to update settings and it prompted to close and restart server- and I said yes, it would hang and never do it. I have killed it and restared many times, then I uninstalled and downloaded the newer version, now it shows as not registered. So I bought a license and entered it but it still shows not refistered and the register menu item is gone- so i think the license is in there.
A pop up keeps telling me the server could not be registered on your computer.

Paul
11-12-2014, 09:47 AM
The registering problem is actually related to the registration of the Mezzmo server Windows service (and not registering your Mezzmo serial & license key). Mezzmo server runs as a Windows service on your computer. Try this: Go to the Media Server Settings dialog in Mezzmo, and rename your Mezzmo server to (say) "Mezzmo Win Server 2008 R2" and click OK. Hopefully that will work. If it does, then you can rename the server back to another name you like.

shueardm
11-12-2014, 10:02 AM
Ahh right. That was the last thing that I did before it started with this popup. I tried to rename it again but the popup is quicker, every 2 seconds and I can't get the chance to rename it anymore.

Paul
11-12-2014, 10:08 AM
Ahh right. That was the last thing that I did before it started with this popup. I tried to rename it again but the popup is quicker, every 2 seconds and I can't get the chance to rename it anymore.

Not sure I understand the popup. Can you take a screenshot for us so I know what you mean? Thanks.

shueardm
11-12-2014, 10:17 AM

here is what i get

Paul
11-12-2014, 10:50 AM
It appears you may be logged into Windows with a user account that may not have administrator privileges and you may have UAC turned off. Typically, when running under a non-admin user account, a message box is displayed before the error you are getting to confirm you wish to run Mezzmo Windows Service Control app (which starts/stops/registers your Mezzmo server). With UAC turned off, you will not see this confirmation message and you may just get the error message you are seeing.

Try this: Exit Mezzmo app. Then run it with administrator privileges. Now try to access the Media Server Settings dialog and register the server. That should work. Once done, then you can exit Mezzmo app and run it again under your normal user privileges.

shueardm
11-12-2014, 11:23 AM
Ok, I tried this but it made no difference. I used run as admin and also put UAC on highest level. The one thing that might be stopping the normal behavior is that I am accessing over RDP ( which is how most servers are used).
Never less, I uninstalled, re installed and now I am running ok. I did see that it still lags heavily when changing properties ( like server name), when it requests stopping and starting the server for changes, it hangs for around 2 minutes. Fortunately it did eventually register the name change and it is working well.

Paul
11-12-2014, 11:27 AM
OK - glad you are up and running now.