PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo Android Cannot plat file

tanis8472
11-13-2014, 07:46 PM
Have downloaded the android app which picks up my media servers.
However, it always comes up with unable to play file.

There does not seem to be a profile in Mezzmo (server) for the Android Mezzmo.

Any ideas guys :)

Paul
11-13-2014, 08:21 PM
Your Android device should be listed in the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo (Windows) app and should be using the 'Conceiva Mezzmo (Android)' device profile. Also make sure you are running the latest version of Mezzmo (v4.1.2.0).

tanis8472
11-13-2014, 11:34 PM
Yes, got all 3 as you stated. Not working :(
Still getting Cannot play this file.

BTW, putting the profile under Conceiva Mezzmo (Android) was the last thing i would have looked for :confused: :cool:

Paul
11-14-2014, 04:14 AM
What type of file are you trying to play? And on what device? If you are trying to play a video on your Android device, then you will need a video player app. We recommend MX Player since it has good format support. Install this on your Android device. When you try to play a video from the Mezzmo Android app, you will be prompted to choose the app to play the video in, so choose MX Player and you should be fine.

If no success, then it's best we see a set of logs. Turn on logging in Mezzmo (Windows) (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. No reproduce the steps to get "Cannot play this file". Once reproduced, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo (Windows) app. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

tanis8472
11-15-2014, 01:18 AM
Hi,

Installed MX and now works, although it doesn't actually say anywhere i could see that i would need another video player.
Its on a Sony C1905 btw.

Thanks for the info :)

Paul
11-15-2014, 04:59 AM
Glad you are up and running now :)