View Full Version : LG LE8500 subtitle support

Corsalove
10-18-2010, 05:47 AM
Hi,

i have an LG LE8500,
DLNA support (but not the very best...)

i was trying a lot of DLNA software packages today,
none of them are worth something..

n**o MediaHome (delivered with the tv) is using al of my CPU power.
Tver**** doesn't accept my tv..
other crash, no decent UI, ...

Mezzmo really works fine,
at this time, 2 televisions are streaming from the same Server, no hickups, delays, works very nice.

my brothers Samsung UE40B7020 gets subtitles from the Mezzmo server
works fantastic
my LG LE8500 doesn't! same files, and stuff
i tried other software and then the subtitels work fine...

i read in another tread that u guys where working on subtitle support.
is there any possibillity to work this out for other tv's?

i'm using the 15 day trial for now,
i promise not to be afraid to use my Visa if this could me solved!

thx in advance!

Paul
10-18-2010, 10:53 AM
Hi,

If the TV supports external subtitles, then yes, we can make this work. Please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then browse to a folder that has a file with external subtitles and start playing it - let it play for 2-3 seconds, then stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com and we'll proceed from there.

zeDD
11-27-2010, 09:12 PM
Hi,

I have same TV ( LE8500 ) and at the moment i'm having same problem. I got .srt file with subtitles in same folder as move and it has same name aswell but seems that mezzmo don't provide .srt file to TV. It is working from pendrive so TV is for sure capable of doing so.

Is there any possibility to make it work?

thanks in advance

Paul
11-29-2010, 09:05 AM
We should be getting some LG equipment here this week (hopefully), so once that happens we'll get it all up and running.

zeDD
11-29-2010, 10:33 AM
We should be getting some LG equipment here this week (hopefully), so once that happens we'll get it all up and running.

I'm really looking forward to it seems it's only one thing holding me from purchase full version of Mezzmo. I'm so amazed how it is working with my TV and the ability to watch 1080p movies without much CPU work.

Keep good job going and provide some LG subtitles support asap please ( 13 days of trial left) :D

Paul
11-29-2010, 10:35 AM
If the TV supports external subtitles, then we should be able to add those in quickly.

zeDD
12-09-2010, 09:03 PM
If the TV supports external subtitles, then we should be able to add those in quickly.

When i can except this to happen? My trial is almost over and i would like to try mezzmo with subtitles before purchase.

Paul
12-10-2010, 09:01 AM
We still didn't receive the TVs for some reason. I'll check what's happening today. Hopefully we can get them next week. You can extend the trial once for 15 more days, so I'd recommend to wait a little bit and then extend it.

zeDD
12-27-2010, 03:58 AM
Ok, i extended my trail for next 15 days... mostly due to fact of new Mezzmo version.

Nothing about support of subtitles for my lg le8500 but i hoped that it just wasn't mentioned. After trying to play movie it turned out even worse that i hoped. Now when i'm trying to play any 720p or 1080p i got info about invalid file and nothing is beeing played. Movies that were working in previous version now are not. I had before problem with movies encoded with DTS audio codec but i did solve it with reconding into ac3 which is supported by my tv.

I was impressed with mezzmo before only problem with the subtitles was a con. Now i really don't know what to think about it...

Is it only some mistake made by programmers or what the hell is going on with it?

Paul
12-27-2010, 08:59 AM
Can you please confirm that you're using the "LG TV" device profile? Also, please post (or send to support (at) conceiva (dot) com) FFmpeg information on one of the problem files. And it would also help if you could turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) then try playing one of the failing files and once it fails, stop the server and send the logs in as well.

zeDD
12-28-2010, 12:52 AM
Yes, i'm using LG TV profile. I will try to fix logs and ffmpg files info asap.

bigelvis
03-21-2011, 06:44 PM
Hi

I have 42le8500 as well and my tv does not detect mezzmo, nero which was supplied with tv was detected but it was very slow to stream photos, so i uninstalled it, so could you please tell me what have you done to make work mezzmo with this tv?

cheers

Paul
03-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Hi

I have 42le8500 as well and my tv does not detect mezzmo, nero which was supplied with tv was detected but it was very slow to stream photos, so i uninstalled it, so could you please tell me what have you done to make work mezzmo with this tv?

cheers
If you wish, please turn on logging (see this thread: http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging), then restart Mezzmo server, turn your TV on/off and after the server doesn't come up, stop the server and send the logs to support (at) conceiva (dot) com for investigation.

Shenmuejon
08-25-2011, 03:42 AM
Hi

I found a free bit of software called Freemake video converter, I converted my 720p mkv file to a 720p AVI file you can set bitrate and everything to get the file as small as you want it without losing really much quality at all, i find that setting the video to 1500 kbps and the audio to low 160kbps works great and best of all you can add subtitles from the mkv file and it hardcodes it into the video so you don't have to do anything with subtitles on your tv, great for these japanese cartoons/films, I hope this helps lots of people out there. :)

JON