PDA

View Full Version : Not working Mezzmo and Sony STR-DN1050 / BDP-S790

Apollion
11-19-2014, 10:22 AM
Hello,

I've been looking for something like Mezzmo for a long time, yet it's not working as it probably should.

I've only been able to stream a low definition mpeg movie (with both video and audio) from my Windows7 PC to my S790 (attached to a BenQ LCD w1070 video projector).

When I try the same with high definition movies or files, it doesn't work. I get error messages on the PC (501 & 701), and an error message on my VP.

I changed the type of connection from wifi to ethernet between the S790 and my local router, thinking the bandwidth could be the problem (and changed the setting accordingly in Mezzmo).

I've also tried with and without transcoding.

Maybe my equipment isn't compatible and there's nothing I can do?

Thanks,

Paul
11-19-2014, 12:56 PM
We should be able to get you up and running.

Turn transcoding back on. Go to the Media Devices dialog and edit your BDP-S790 device. Make sure the device profile is set to "Sony BDP, HT, SMP (2012 Models)". Restart your Mezzmo server and try streaming a few videos. If some don't play, then go to the Transcoding pane in Mezzmo and check if they are listed there as transcoding. If they are marked red, then we know that transcoding is too slow for real time playback. In this case, you should pre-transcode your video before streaming it and you may get better results.

If the files still don't play, then right-click on one of the videos in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'. Post that information here.

Apollion
11-19-2014, 11:23 PM
Thanks Paul for the quick reply, I'll check that out and come back =)