PDA

View Full Version : WTV recording is only half the recorded time

shueardm
11-20-2014, 11:10 AM
Last night I recorded Criminal Minds which was a 2 hour show, with 2 epsiodes. We started playback as it was still recording.
The recorded file on the Windows Media Center when finished was the full 2 hours but the Mezzmo recording and reference only goes for 56 minutes. Still I can't work this out, have manually hit maintain library to no avail.

Paul
11-20-2014, 11:39 AM
Right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'. In the FFmpeg information, you should see the duration that FFMpeg extracts from the file. This is what Mezzmo uses/records in your Mezzmo database. If it is correct (2hrs), then right-click on the file again and click 'Maintain Files'. On the Maintain Files dialog, select the 'Update all attributes' radio button and the 'Update media properties' checkbox.

shueardm
11-20-2014, 11:59 AM
Ahh yes, the update all properties was the thing that I didn't do, it is ok now. Was this because I stared playback before it finished?

Paul
11-20-2014, 12:11 PM
Ahh yes, the update all properties was the thing that I didn't do, it is ok now. Was this because I stared playback before it finished?

Yes - Mezzmo adds the file into your Mezzmo library and collects media properties at that time - but your file was not fully downloaded/recorded as yet so it's media properties (esp. duration) were not accurate. Maintenance will correct this.