PDA

View Full Version : Server Setup

jajchodges
12-07-2014, 02:50 PM
I have a xp computer at my disposal. I put my usb hdd onto it and also put some files on the hdd.

To my disapointment the media on the external or internal hdd are inaccessable on either my t-box or wd tv live (gen1),but shows in mezzmo file system.

Is it my setup or is the latest mezzmo have a issue with server based files???
Appreciate any response or help with this, otherwise i may aswell throw out the spare computer concept.

Paul
12-08-2014, 07:02 AM
It is probably Mezzmo server (running as a Windows service under the Windows Local System account) not being able to access the files. Read this FAQ to fix this problem - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/4597-FAQ-Accessing-files-from-external-computers-and-NAS-drives-on-your-home-network.

If still a problem, let us know and we'll help out.

jajchodges
12-09-2014, 06:54 PM
I guess the only question i have now is.... should I have mezzmo on my server or my pc???

smitbret
12-10-2014, 12:57 AM
I guess the only question i have now is.... should I have mezzmo on my server or my pc???

You can run Mezzmo from any PC as it will pick up any shared content across the network and make it available everywhere else.

You'll want to consider these 2 things when you decide where to install it:

#1 - The PC with Mezzmo must be on when other devices want to view the media so a 24/7 server is usually the best idea.
#2 - You'll want to make sure that the PC with Mezzmo has a CPU that is powerful enough to transcode the video files

Hopefully, your server has both of these covered. Otherwise a desktop that is always on or usually on during waking hours can fill that need.