PDA

View Full Version : Shutdown before job is finished

Indfw
10-20-2010, 08:59 PM
Hello,

I love DownloadStudio but I have the following issue:

I am attempting to download a file from a website which has a wait list for downloads. DownloadStudio is set to "keep retrying" if an error occurs. The download is scheduled to start at midnight and I select in the "after jobs have been completed" section to shut down the PC.

What I would like to accomplish is obviously to start trying to download the file, keep retrying until it is my turn in case there is a wait, and then have the PC turned off. Unfortunately, DownloadStudio tries one time, the status changes to "Failed" and the computer gets turned off and the file does not get downloaded.

Can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks!

Peter
10-21-2010, 08:17 AM
If you changed the retry options in 'Tools->Options->Connection' to keep retrying after you created the job then the setting will not have been applied to the job. Right click on the job and go to 'properties' and then 'Download Settings...' and check 'Keep Retrying'.

If you have 'Keep Retrying' checked and the job is still not retrying could you please send us the job conversion to support@conceiva.com or post the job conversation here.

Indfw
10-21-2010, 08:51 AM
Peter, I will email you the job conversion. 'Keep Retrying' was checked before the job was scheduled. It works fine if I do not set the shutdown option. It seems the first retry is seen as failure of the job.

Thanks!