PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Fire TV

BTVCON
01-02-2015, 10:37 PM
How do I get the Mezzmo app on my new Amazon Fire TV box?

I have purchased it in the apps section on Amazon but it says it is not compatible with my box and does not appear when I sync my account.

Any help would be appreciated.

Keep up the good work.

Paul
01-03-2015, 09:10 AM
We’re in the process of getting Mezzmo Android listed in Amazon’s App Store for Fire TV, but there’s a few things Amazon require us to do before they will accept it. We hope to have this complete in the next week.

In the meantime, if you wish to have Mezzmo Android on your Fire TV, then you can side load it. See this post how to do this - http://sideloadfiretv.com/sideload-apps-amazon-fire-tv-windows/. We recommend to side load the Mezzmo (Trial) app. And, also side load MX Player app, which you will use to play video files that you browse & play with Mezzmo (Trial).

Coises
03-03-2015, 02:10 PM
Any light at the end of the tunnel?

Paul
03-03-2015, 02:54 PM
After submitting our current Mezzmo Android app several times to Amazon's App Store and getting rejected each time due to various Amazon requirements, we decided to push ahead and concentrate on the new Mezzmo (Windows) v5.0 and Mezzmo (Android) v2.0. The new Mezzmo (Android) v2.0 app will be fully Amazon Fire TV & Fire TV Stick compliant and address all issues that Amazon have with the app. We're testing it here now on our Amazon Fire TV and it's working very well.

The current version of Mezzmo (Android) app does work well with Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick, so if you do wish to use the current Mezzmo (Android) app on your Amazon Fire TV or Amazon Fire TV Stick whilst waiting for the new version, then email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll assist you to get up and running.

Coises
03-03-2015, 03:30 PM
Thank you for the update, Paul. This sounds promising.

My housemate—who does most of the actual watching in our house—is becoming concerned about her aging PS3. Her TV and Xbox One can also access Mezzmo, but the interfaces are awful. (PS3 isn’t really that great either, but she’s used to it.)

So I’ve been trying to find a single device that does both Netflix and DLNA well. (“Well” meaning full and rock-solid access to Netflix and to our Mezzmo server with a straightforward user interface, and everything working with an ordinary remote, no keyboard or mouse needed.) I know I could side-load Kodi on a Fire TV, but the whole process—including that it won’t show up in the launcher without some weird voodoo—makes me nervous that Amazon will push an update and kill it one day.

I think I’ll stall a little longer. If Mezzmo comes officially to Fire TV before I find another solution, I’ll probably go that way.

Paul
03-03-2015, 04:16 PM
All makes sense, Coises. We're hoping new Mezzmo Windows and Android versions should be available in the next month.

Coises
03-11-2015, 07:04 AM
also side load MX Player app, which you will use to play video files that you browse & play with Mezzmo

According to MX Player’s web site, the free version of MX Player has advertisements (https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/faq#TOC-What-can-I-do-to-hide-advertisements-) and the Pro version will not work on Amazon devices (https://sites.google.com/site/mxvpen/buy).

So as well as getting Mezzmo itself into the Amazon store for Fire TV, unless Mezzmo is going to incorporate a capable player there should be at least one player app that is considered recommended/supported by both Mezzmo and Amazon.

Peter
03-11-2015, 08:00 AM
Version 2.0 of the Mezzmo app which we are working on now does include a video player with similar capabilities to MX Player.

Coises
03-11-2015, 09:04 AM
Version 2.0 of the Mezzmo app which we are working on now does include a video player with similar capabilities to MX Player.

Perfect! Glad to hear it. :-)