PDA

View Full Version : Jump to title by typing the first letter/s

Josip
10-21-2010, 02:59 PM
When you have a long list of movies/music/etc it is very annoying having to scroll and find the title you want.

Can you please implement a feature where you just press the first letter of the title or by typing the whole title and it jumps to it.

Paul
10-21-2010, 03:03 PM
You mean in Mezzmo GUI? It should already work - if you have the view selected (click your mouse within the view) and then press a letter, it'll take you to the first item starting with that letter.

Josip
10-21-2010, 03:13 PM
I did some further testing and found out that it works on the left pane. On the right pane it works on every View option besides "Details" which is the only view I use.

Paul
10-21-2010, 03:15 PM
Yes, I can confirm that :) We'll get it fixed for the Details view as well - thanks for bringing this up!

Josip
10-21-2010, 03:19 PM
Awesome :cool:

Radagast
11-11-2010, 04:29 AM
How about this type of "search" from the TV menu? Samsung's PC Share Manager allowed me to search by the first letter, so far I haven't found how to do a similar search in Mezzmo.

Paul
11-11-2010, 08:33 AM
We'll investigate this - do you have a B-series or a C-series TV?

Radagast
11-11-2010, 08:50 AM
I have a C series. Honestly, this was one of the few advantages PCSM had over anything else I've tried so far.

Paul
11-11-2010, 08:53 AM
PCSM uses lots of proprietary "commands" to talk to the Samsung devices, so these need to be replicated in order for this to work. With Mezzmo (or other servers) you don't even get an option to search, right?

Radagast
11-11-2010, 10:17 AM
That's right. IIRC, I can hit one of the "letter" buttons on the Samsung remote (the blue D or something) and it brings up a search box when I'm browsing PCSM, but I get nothing like that from any other server that I've tried so far.

kitsunegari
11-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Sorry to just jump in but I thought I'd add my 2pence to this.

I have a Sony Bravia, and was wondering if something like this could be implemented for this TV. I've only had the software for a week (still on the trial - I wanted to be sure it played all my files but will be buying) so I haven't yet gotten round to setting up playlists, but I have a huge CD collection which I've spent years ripping to mostly FLAC, and searching it is tiresome and cumbersome, and in some cases causes the server to suddenly become "unavailable" if its currently transcoding or what have you (I'm running it on a pretty low spec server).

Paul
11-13-2010, 09:09 AM
With a large collection of music files, using the "All Music Files" playlist to browse your music on your TV will be tiresome as you say. Mezzmo does install a default set of playlists so that you can browse through your music in many ways - for example, Artist -> Album, or Genre -> Artist -> Album, or Year -> Artist -> Album, etc. You can also add your own smart/active playlists if you like, or remove the default playlists, or change the default playlists to make them work the way you want. If you are unsure how to create playlists, let us know & we'll step you through it.