PDA

View Full Version : Whacked metadata

jayheyl
01-09-2015, 12:01 PM
On unfortunately not terribly rare occasions the series data, particularly the genre, for some TV shows in the external online database has been set up by someone with either zero familiarity with the show in question or a very strange idea of exactly what constitutes something in a particular genre. For instance, with some shows it seems if there is any episode of the entire series in which someone says something remotely funny, that series gets labeled a comedy. I must admit I do occasionally laugh at some of the things Temperance Brennan says in Bones, but I don't think any right-thinking person could reasonably classify the show as a comedy. Or, conversely, something like Father Brown gets labeled 'drama', which it arguably is, but not 'mystery', which it clearly is, or 'crime', which also seems an obvious choice.

I realize the classifications in the external database are beyond the purview of Mezzmo, but I do wonder if it wouldn't be possible to allow for local, manual overrides for certain elements of the series data so things can be set more in keeping with the individual's perception of what does and does not constitute a comedy show or a mystery show.

Paul
01-09-2015, 07:11 PM
Understand. At the moment, the best way is to to handle this is to manually edit the episode in Mezzmo and change the Genre to what you think is correct. Right-click on the video in Mezzmo and click Properties. On the Properties dialog, click the small Browse button on the right side of the Genre edit box and select the genre(s) that you think best apply to the episode.