PDA

View Full Version : Stream Divx files to Samsung BDP?

dhovel
01-11-2015, 04:14 AM
I've been checking what I can and cannot play on my Samsung BDP through Mezzmo (4.1.3.0). Any file with a codec labeled "Divx" won't play; Xvid and many others play fine.

Not only do they not play, but Mezzmo won't even attempt to transcode. Is there a profile "trick" or any other means to make this work? I'm using "Samsung C (DD 5.1)", but I've tried others.

TimC
01-11-2015, 10:25 AM
The problem is that the profile you've selected doesn't distinguish Xvid avi files from Divx avi files.

I think a simple edit of that profile (SamsungC_DD_5_1.prf in Program Data\Conceiva\Mezzmo\DeviceProfiles changing the line
<format id="mpeg4"> to <format id="mpeg4" codectag="XVID"> in the avcontainer id=avi section should suffice .

You'd need to stop & restart the server after the edit.

dhovel
01-13-2015, 02:11 AM
Thanks, but that didn't work. Below I've pasted my changed AVI container XML. Any other ideas? All of the movies that played before still seem to play.

<avcontainer id="avi" name="avi" mimetype="video/x-msvideo" encode="0" dlnaprofile="MP3" supportschunked="0">
<video>
<format id="mpeg4" codectag="XVID">
</format>
<format id="msmpeg4" codectag="XVID">
</format>
<format id="msmpeg4v3" codectag="XVID">
</format>
<format id="h264">
</format>
<format id="mjpeg">
</format>
</video>
<audio>
<format id="pcm_s16le">
</format>
<format id="mp3">
</format>
<format id="ac3">
</format>
<format id="eac3">
</format>
<format id="mp2">
</format>
</audio>
</avcontainer>

TimC
01-13-2015, 05:08 AM
Having looked at some of the profiles I've changed I think that maybe the dlnaprofile="MP3" should perhaps be removed and maybe the mimetype changed to "video/avi" .

I certainly didn't need to add codetag for msmpeg4 & msmpeg4v3 to get Mezzmo to transcode Divx files for my Panasonic TV.

I'm now at the limit of my knowledge so perhaps Paul should help you further.:)

Paul
01-13-2015, 10:40 AM
Did you stop and start your Mezzmo server after making changes to your .PRF device profile? That may explain why you are not seeing any differences after making the device profile changes.

If still no success, then it's best we get the following information from you:

Turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Try to play several of the AVIs and then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo app. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.
Zip up your .PRF device profile and email that to us.
Right-click on a few of the AVI files that do play and that do not play and click 'Get FFMpeg Information'. Email this to us as well.
Let us know your Samsung BDP model.

dhovel
01-14-2015, 06:34 AM
I've done as you requested. Why do execution errors show up in the "ffmpeg information" output?

Paul
01-14-2015, 09:56 AM
Why do execution errors show up in the "ffmpeg information" output?

Not sure yet - we'll have to see the FFmpeg output and we'll know why. Email all the information to us and we'll be able to decipher the issue :).