PDA

View Full Version : Smart Playlist Can Not Use Album Artist for Selection or Sorting ??

larrymcg
01-31-2015, 05:51 AM
Using Mezzmo 4.1.3.x on Win7 64bit. I have been trying to make a Smart Playlist using Album Artist as selection criteria. All attempts come up with an empty playlist. Further, if you make a Smart Playlist with some other selection criteria and set the Sort By option in the playlist properties, it kind of sorts correctly. In my test with Sort By set to Artist/Actors Ascending, the first few items in the generated playlist begin with C, not A. Farther down the list there are some items beginning with A after those beginning with B.

Very mysterious to me.....

-- Larry

larrymcg
02-01-2015, 07:00 AM
I'm not sure about the Sort By issue I raised in my original post. It's not clear to me how you see the unprocessed contents of the playlist. By that I mean you can click on the playlist name and the contents are shown in the library listing but that listing is sorted based on one of the column headings. Maybe if I looked at the playlist from my blu-ray player?

But I am not able to get a Smart Playlist to work with Album Artist as the selection criteria. Keeps coming up empty.

-- Larry

jbinkley60
02-01-2015, 08:15 AM
I had similar issues (http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/7906-Issue-cut-paste-Smart-Playlists) with the Album/Artist field See the thread I embedded. I am not sure what I did will work for you.

Paul
02-02-2015, 12:33 PM
We've reproduced the problem and have fixed it. The fix will be included in the next Mezzmo release - or you can email us now at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide a patch.

larrymcg
02-03-2015, 04:34 AM
Paul, Thanks for the response. I'm going to start a new thread with some sorting issues. I've been doing quite a bit of testing/experimenting and have some interesting results.
Cheers,
Larry

larrymcg
02-03-2015, 05:00 PM
I have tried the patched version and it now uses Album Artist for selection criteria.
Thanks for the support!
-- Larry

Paul
02-04-2015, 04:52 AM
Glad it works, Larry :). Thanks for the quick confirmation. We'll add this fix into the next Mezzmo release.