PDA

View Full Version : SSDP Advertisement Interval

paulsalter
02-03-2015, 12:29 AM
Hi,

Just a quick question on this as I am trying my Samsung out again after a software upgrade to see if it is now any more reliable

As the Samsung has trouble seeing the server without stopping/starting Mezzmo server, I have reduced the SSDP number to 60, which seems to make the Samsung better at seeing Mezzmo

Are there any downsides to having it set this low?
The only one I read about is it could cause dropouts

Thanks

Paul
02-03-2015, 01:41 PM
Hi Paul,

Your assumptions are correct. A shorter SSDP interval means more DLNA/UPnP messages that your devices on your home network will receive from Mezzmo server. These messages are 100s of bytes long, so it will not result in vast amounts of data being transmitted over your home network or congest your home network bandwidth. The vast majority of devices are unaffected by these messages. We have found that some Samsung devices do abort/interrupt their streaming when they receive these messages and, for these users, we actually recommend to increase the SSDP interval to a higher number (such as 86400, which is 24 hours).

paulsalter
02-03-2015, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the reply

I used to have it set for 24 hours, try and reduce the dropouts
So far with it set down to 1 minute I haven't noticed any issues, Samsung so far is behaving and xbox still works

Cheers for answer, it was the network bandwidth I was thinking about if it advertised itself to often