PDA

View Full Version : Vizio M Series Profile Editing (So Close!)

TalonKarrde
02-14-2015, 02:29 PM
So, I've been tinkering for a couple days now to get a working profile script for my Vizio M series TV (M422I-B1) Model. But I'd imagine this would apply for other M series models as well.

This will decode all video formats I've thrown at it *(.mkv, .avi, .mpg, .mpeg, .mp4) Into H264 Format with AC3 Audio (registers as Dolby DTS on the TV DLNA)
It even allows you to fast-forward/Rewind without issue.

Only thing I can't figure out, is how to get it to stream my subtitle .srt files externally, you can see at the bottom i attempted to tinker with it to allow SubRip format. Without success though.

So if anyone wants to help me get subtitles working, I'd more than appreciate it :D!

<MezzmoDeviceProfile>
<version>302</version>
<device>
<guid>64EE68F1-8026-4738-A126-8511B3083BDB</guid>
<name manufacturer="Vizio" model="Smart TV" profileactive="1" understandsdlnaprofileid="0" turnoffbyterangedlna="1" needsdlnaprotocolinfo="1"/>
<useragent>COPY</useragent>
<xavclient></xavclient>
<xavphysicalunit></xavphysicalunit>
<friendlynamedlnaorg></friendlynamedlnaorg>
<upnpmodel></upnpmodel>
<upnpmanufacturer></upnpmanufacturer>
<upnpfriendlyname></upnpfriendlyname>
<mezzmoserver></mezzmoserver>
<transcoding enabled="1" minimumstreamingsize="10000000" waitmsbeforestreaming="5000" contentlength="0" />
<devicedescription>GenericDeviceDescription.xml</devicedescription>
<videomax width="1920" height="1080" />
<imagemax width="4096" height="4096" />
</device>
<descriptiondeliveryrules>
<!-- delivery description rules specify what the device will see for each file. A file is considered to be supported if
it matches a format, audio/video codecs within that format and any codec limits in this device profile. Best fit is
if one of the 2 stream from a format description matches the original file. Preferred transcoded format describes
the best quality format a device can play. Transcoded list is all combinations of formats that we can encode to,
possibly including preferred transcoded and baseline. When building a file description, Mezzmo follows the following
rules order: supported, bestfit, preferredtranscoded, transcodedlist, baseline, nonsupported -->
<!-- please note that if transcoding is disabled or baseline and preferredtranscoded are set to no,
then the nonsupported flag is automatically set to yes. If transcoding is disabled, then only supported and
nonsupported rules are checked and used. -->
<supported>yes</supported>
<!-- baseline, bestfit, transcodedlist, nonsupported and preferredtranscoded can be either one of: yes, no, auto
yes = always deliver, no = never deliver, auto = deliver if not delivered already by one of the rules above it -->
<bestfit>auto</bestfit>
<preferredtranscoded>auto</preferredtranscoded>
<transcodedlist>auto</transcodedlist>
<baseline>auto</baseline>
<nonsupported>auto</nonsupported>
</descriptiondeliveryrules>
<avcontainer id="mpegts" name="mpegts" mimetype="video/mpeg" encode="1" format="mpegts" supportschunked="1">
<video>
<format id="h264" encode="1" codec="libx264" ffmpegadditional="h264+encoding" preferredtranscoded="1">
</format>
</video>
<audio>
<format id="ac3" encode="1" codec="ac3" preferredtranscoded="1">
<channels>2</channels>
<channels>6</channels>
<bitrate>448000</bitrate>
<maxbitrate>448000</maxbitrate>
<minbitrate>64000</minbitrate>
<samplingrate>48000</samplingrate>
</format>
</audio>
<ffmpegadditional id="union+thread0" />
</avcontainer>
<avcontainer id="mpeg" name="mpeg" mimetype="video/mpeg" encode="1" baseline="1" dlnaprofile="MPEG_PS_PAL,MPEG_PS_NTSC" format="vob" supportschunked="0">
<video>
<format id="mpeg2video" encode="1" codec="mpeg2video" ffmpegadditional="mpeg2+encoding">

<copyts>0</copyts>
<samequality>0</samequality>
<maxbitrate>140000000</maxbitrate>
<bitrate>86000000</bitrate>
<bufsize>1835008</bufsize>

</format>
</video>
<audio>
<format id="ac3" encode="1" codec="ac3" preferredtranscoded="1">
<channels>2</channels>
<channels>6</channels>
<bitrate>448000</bitrate>
<maxbitrate>448000</maxbitrate>
<minbitrate>64000</minbitrate>
<samplingrate>48000</samplingrate>
</format>
</audio>
<ffmpegadditional id="union+thread0" />
</avcontainer>

<avcontainer id="jpeg" name="jpeg_lrg" mimetype="image/jpeg" encode="1" baseline="1" dlnaprofile="JPEG_LRG" supportschunked="0">
<image>
<format id="jpeg" mimetype="image/jpeg" encode="1" codec="98" quality="2">
<maxdimensions width="4096" height="4096" />
<maxbits>24</maxbits>
</format>
</image>
</avcontainer>
<avcontainer id="jpeg" name="jpeg_med" mimetype="image/jpeg" encode="1" baseline="1" dlnaprofile="JPEG_MED" preferredtranscoded="1" supportschunked="0">
<image>
<format id="jpeg" mimetype="image/jpeg" encode="1" codec="98" preferredtranscoded="1">
<maxdimensions width="1024" height="768" />
<maxbits>24</maxbits>
</format>
</image>
</avcontainer>
<avcontainer id="jpeg" name="jpeg_sm" mimetype="image/jpeg" encode="1" baseline="1" dlnaprofile="JPEG_SM" supportschunked="0">
<image>
<format id="jpeg" mimetype="image/jpeg" encode="1" codec="98">
<maxdimensions width="640" height="480" />
<maxbits>24</maxbits>
</format>
</image>
</avcontainer>
<avcontainer id="jpeg" name="jpeg_tn" mimetype="image/jpeg" encode="1" baseline="1" dlnaprofile="JPEG_TN" preferredthumbnail="1" supportschunked="0">
<image>
<format id="jpeg" mimetype="image/jpeg" encode="1" codec="98" quality="2">
<maxdimensions width="160" height="160" />
<maxbits>24</maxbits>
</format>
</image>
</avcontainer>
<subtitles>
<encodings bom="no">65001</encodings>
<allowembedded>no</allowembedded>
<allowexternal formats="srt,subrip,text,xsub">yes</allowexternal>
<allowburnings>yes</allowburnings>
</subtitles>
</MezzmoDeviceProfile>

TalonKarrde
02-16-2015, 11:39 AM
Okay so Update, Embedded subtitles & BurnedIn Subtitles are working (takes longer to trans-code for burning in subtitles, but whatever works.)

Other than that this is the most stable script I've used for this TV, and would suggest it to anyone else with a newer model Vizio TV who needs a working DLNA profile.

Paul
02-16-2015, 12:26 PM
Good work :). We also replied to your email with a new device profile to try. Let us know if that works OK. You can add your changes into the new device profile and email us a set of logs so we can complete the device profile. Once complete, we'll add it into the new Mezzmo release for all Vizio TV owners to use :).

Gripweed
03-03-2015, 02:42 PM
What are the chances that the above profile script would work with the Vizio "P" series of TVs? Specifically I'm interested in the settings for a P502ui-b1e which is a 50 inch 4k model. I've been using the basic Vizio SmartTV profile which appears to work ok so far (I've only had the TV a week and have only used it a few times with Mezzmo) but I live to tweak.

Paul
03-03-2015, 02:52 PM
Email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide a few new Vizio device profiles to try :).