PDA

View Full Version : Amiko Alien 2 support

RLG59RD
03-07-2015, 07:42 PM
Hi,

Hope somebody can help - i am streaming to an Amiko Alien 2 receiver, there is not a group profile for the box , so i am using the Generic PAL profile. My problem is transcoding, i have a Fibre line of 90+mb and my PC is never active whilst streaming ( so Mezzmo has full PC resources), but the playing file always lags, stutters and is unwatchable. I don't want to have to pre - transcode all the files on my disc, as it would take up even more storage(as it replicates the files) and it seems pretty pointless to do so and why it has an "on the fly" facility, can somebody help please (i bought this programme as it is in my opinion the best on the market at the moment), this is driving me insane!

RLG

geminoid
03-08-2015, 10:44 AM
Hi,
I think you should pre-transcode a given file and see the difference, then, decide what to do. Maybe the bug is from the size of files, or formats. You can always send the logging to the support staff. I did it and they helped me solve my problem. Hope you'll get ride of that.
Regards!

RLG59RD
03-08-2015, 07:28 PM
To be honest, i think the main problem is the group profile for the device and the fact that there is not one listed - i have tried several and none really help. If there is a compatible one, i could do with guidance as to which one it is please. I don't fancy pre-transcoding a 202gb library?

RLG

Paul
03-09-2015, 10:39 AM
We can create a device profile for your device. Email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com. In your email, include the video formats, music formats, photo formats and subtitle formats that your device supports. That will help us create the device profile.

RLG59RD
03-09-2015, 04:55 PM
Paul,

Thanks for the reply, will email tonight when i get back from work - the device is a satellite receiver, with twin operating systems. I only use one to view my library, so , i will email details regarding this one.

Thanks for the help

RLG

Paul
03-10-2015, 10:21 AM
Thanks for the further information. When we get your email, we'll create the device profile and email you instructions how to try it.

RLG59RD
03-13-2015, 06:19 PM
Thanks for the file Paul, it will now play the files whilst transcoding, still quite a lot of pixelating and dropping - but a lot better than before. Will not play MP4, still requires converting to Mpeg, which seems very odd?

RLG

Paul
03-14-2015, 08:58 AM
Hi RLG,

Please email us a set of logs when using the new device profile and we'll be able to tweak it for better performance. Send the logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com. Also, email the FFmpeg information for files that do not play. Right-click on the file in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'.

RLG59RD
03-18-2015, 06:35 AM
Hi Paul,

Just to let you know i have sent the log files this morning -i have sent four logs from files that will play but struggle like mad, pixelating and distorting.

Regards

RLG

Paul
03-18-2015, 09:41 AM
Thanks - we have your email & will respond via email shortly.

RLG59RD
03-28-2015, 12:46 AM
Hi Paul,

I have tried to send you up to date logs etc in a zip file as before , but, it keeps getting returned to me? Did as you suggested and I believe it is now using the correct profile, tried to watch a different file tonight and it was transcoding as I watched to mpeg. The picture broke and pixelated a number of times whilst watching.

Here's a link to the files - https://www.dropbox.com/s/fb16ny0ihca82js/1.txt?dl=0 , https://www.dropbox.com/s/x3tjzf4xva88gwm/Logs.rar?dl=0

Hope this works now

RLG

Paul
03-28-2015, 08:53 AM
Hi RLG,

We did receive your email with the logs and responded back via email. Did you receive our reply?

RLG59RD
03-28-2015, 06:15 PM
Hi Paul,

I have only received back the rejected mail i sent to you? As it stands at the moment, all files i play , do play but have several times when they pixelate and distort - they are transcoding as they play

RLG

Paul
03-29-2015, 09:54 AM
I just checked our Inbox and we have received your recent email. We'll work through it & respond shortly.

RLG59RD
04-02-2015, 02:32 AM
Hi Paul,

I have sent you some new transcoding files and logs this morning - have you received the files, I have heard nothing? I tried to play a file last night and the box locked up and I had to turn off to restart?

RLG

Paul
04-02-2015, 08:19 AM
Got your email. Sorry for the delay - we'll reply shortly.

RLG59RD
04-03-2015, 04:08 AM
Hi Paul,

Sending more logs as we speak - still no joy, will not play and stops and eventually crashes -fed up! TBH it worked better when it was on the wrong Group Profile, the Fetch TV one and that's what i am using at the moment. All the files show as MP4 and play okay apart from about 3 times during the file when it breaks up. I think it prefers the MP4 container to Mpeg , can the Fetch Group Profile be tweaked?? At a loss now...........

Here are the links - https://www.dropbox.com/s/x3tjzf4xva88gwm/Logs.rar?dl=0 and https://www.dropbox.com/s/l1l3zlhm2zdmh3u/trans.txt?dl=0

RLG

Paul
04-03-2015, 10:20 AM
Hi RLG,

I am sure we'll get it working. It's just a matter of finding the formats that the device can play well. Email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide a tweaked device profile for you to try. (Note: Given it is Easter at the moment, we may be a delay replying for the next few days)

RLG59RD
04-03-2015, 08:32 PM
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply - i could not email the files , they were too large, hoped you could get them from the links above? To recap, the Group profile for the Fetch TV does work, albeit breaking up a bit, so i kind of hoped that this may be a starting point?

Have a great Easter and thanks for ALL your time and help

Kind Regards

RLG

RLG59RD
04-10-2015, 08:33 PM
Hi Paul,

Is there any news ?

RLG

Paul
04-13-2015, 11:33 AM
Sorry for the delay. Email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll provide a device profile based on the Fetch TV device profile.

RLG59RD
04-15-2015, 03:08 PM
Hi Paul,

Have sent two e mails, as requested, asking for the new group profile similar to the Fetch profile - one of each of my email accounts as i seem to keep having them returned? That's why i posted on this thread, hope you have them, have heard nothing since?

Regards

RLG

Paul
04-15-2015, 04:06 PM
Hi RLG,

Got both emails and replied a few hours ago with a device profile to try.