PDA

View Full Version : Multicasting to two or more TV devices

jmchism
03-29-2015, 10:03 AM
It would be VERY nice to be able to select two or more devices to cast a video to at the same time. WHY?
At our church we have a "fellowship hall"... very long and rather narrow with TV's at either end. We can now simulcast by selecting the first device and start then selecting the other device to start, but it would be cleaner and easier if we could select both THEN start the simulcast.
In this way, I can help the presenters.

Another use of this is at our home when we have people over and want to present the same movie on the patio that is playing in the Living Room.

Also, If there is a work around to this issue, please let me (and possibly others) know how to do it.
Thanks, John

Paul
03-29-2015, 10:13 AM
Hi John,

Mezzmo server can stream the same file(s) to as many devices at the same time as you like - but you will need to manually do this for each device (rather than have Mezzmo server play the video, music, photos at the same time on each selected device). We'll add your suggestion to our development task list.

jmchism
03-30-2015, 01:20 AM
Hi Paul,
Thanks for the fast response. As the local churches' techie, I try to make things as simple as I can.
I like the Mezzmo solution and look forward to seeing the "multiple select" feature on both the standard and android software.
Thanks again.

Paul
03-30-2015, 09:31 AM
Glad you like Mezzmo, John. Thanks again for the suggestion. We'll discuss it more here.