PDA

View Full Version : LG UB9500 (65 Inch) Profile for transcoding not correct

jeffreybc55
04-20-2015, 02:19 PM
Hi Mezzmo Support!

I have a new TV.... LG UB9500 65 .... Seems that many of my MKV files that used to play nice on my Samsung D series....don't play so well on my new LG. I am really talking about FF / RW ...Pause ...etc.....

The profile that you have for LG is "LG Smart TV 2014" ..... The preferred transcoding method you have is MPEGts .... but that is not correct. In order for me to FF / RW ...pause....it should be MPEG....

The shitty part, is that my Samsung would do this all natively in MKV. But LG, I guess kinda sucks at this..... But I guess my question is, do you need to update the LG profiles for more modern 2014 4K TV's ? (have logs if you need them)

Thanks!

JC

Paul
04-20-2015, 02:38 PM
Hi JC,

We may need to update the device profile. Email us the logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com. Also, right-click on MKV in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'. Send this to us as well.

Also, you can test if your LG TV can play the MKV natively. To do this, right-click on the MKV in Mezzmo and click 'Properties'. On the Properties dialog, go to the Transcoding tab and click "Use Original File". On the Devices dialog, select your LG TV and click OK. Now when you stream this MKV to your LG TV, Mezzmo server will stream the original file without any transcoding. Let us know if that plays or not.

jeffreybc55
04-27-2015, 03:22 AM
Hi JC,

We may need to update the device profile. Email us the logs to support [at] conceiva [dot] com. Also, right-click on MKV in Mezzmo and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'. Send this to us as well.

Also, you can test if your LG TV can play the MKV natively. To do this, right-click on the MKV in Mezzmo and click 'Properties'. On the Properties dialog, go to the Transcoding tab and click "Use Original File". On the Devices dialog, select your LG TV and click OK. Now when you stream this MKV to your LG TV, Mezzmo server will stream the original file without any transcoding. Let us know if that plays or not.

Paul.... "Use Original" solved this problem. In terms of logs to update device profile, what would you want me to do? Start an MKV file (not using "Use original")....log this action and then send it to you?

Paul
04-27-2015, 10:01 AM
Right-click on the MKV file (that you set with "Use Original File") and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'. Email this FFmpeg information to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll tweak the device profile so it works with these types of MKV files.

jeffreybc55
05-04-2015, 10:18 AM
Right-click on the MKV file (that you set with "Use Original File") and click 'Get FFmpeg Information'. Email this FFmpeg information to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll tweak the device profile so it works with these types of MKV files.

Email sent...thanks Paul!

Paul
05-04-2015, 10:51 AM
Got your email & replied via email with a new device profile to try :).

jeffreybc55
05-11-2015, 01:50 AM
Got your email & replied via email with a new device profile to try :).

Working as expected...thank you Paul! I love Mezzmo and try to promote it all the time! Keep up the good work!

Paul
05-11-2015, 09:41 AM
Glad it's working well :). Thanks for the quick confirmation.