PDA

View Full Version : Samsung "Not Supported File Format"... SOLVED

pbelisle
05-21-2015, 10:44 PM
Hi there.

After running Mezzmo successfully for a couple of years on a machine dedicated to it, I suddenly started receiving the "not supported file format" message. On ALL files, even those that previously played properly. A second installation of Mezzmo on another computer worked fine, even on files that would not play on the first machine.

I tried an update, then a re-install. The problem persisted.

I compared the two Mezzmo installations and found that the one that worked used a "Samsung C" profile while the one that did not used a "Generic Device NTSC". In fact, the Samsung C profile was not even an option in the non-working installation. By navigating to the profile directory on each machine, I could see that a number of profiles were missing on the non-working installation. Further, windows XP would not let me delete the directory. I renamed it ("conceiva_old") and re-installed Mezzmo. The reinstall worked, assigning the correct Samsung C profile to my TV. The files now play properly.

Thought I'd post this in case it helps someone else.

Paul
05-22-2015, 10:03 AM
Thanks for sharing these notes. It's very strange that some of your .PRF device profiles were removed. We have not seen this issue before.

pbelisle
05-23-2015, 12:14 AM
Hi Paul.

Oddly enough, it was alphabetical... all PRF files after, I think, "N", were absent... no Sony, for instance, and no Samsung. I'm assuming some issue with the hard drive (this is an old machine).

Pierre

Paul
05-23-2015, 08:38 AM
OK - let us know if it happens again and we'll get a set of logs from you.