PDA

View Full Version : Playstation 4 (PS4) support

HomerRamone
06-16-2015, 07:57 PM
The PS4 now has a shiny new media player. This player (finally) supports DLNA. Woohoo !!

I just tried playing a film from mezzmo - and it all seems to work \o/.

However, when I try and play MP3 files from my server - I just get 'There is no playable media'. Its possible of course that this is a PS4 issue - but the PS4 certainly manages to play the exact same files if I have them on a USB Stick - so is it possible perhaps that mezzmo needs to do something to keep the PS4 happy when presenting the mp3s to play ?

Not sure this is related, but PS4 also doesnt show in the list of devices I can 'Play to' when right clicking a file in mezzmo. I tried the refresh option and almost all of the devices that were listed vanished. They slowly seem to be appearing one by one, but im not expecting the PS4 to show on there TBH.

Thanks

Paul
06-17-2015, 09:09 AM
That's great news that PS4 finally has a media player with DLNA support. We'll create a device profile for it now. Email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com to try it. In your email, please include a set of logs. This will help us create the device profile. To create a set of Mezzmo logs, turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Now connect to Mezzmo server from PS4's Media Player and try to play a few different files. Then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo (Windows) app. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

HomerRamone
06-17-2015, 03:55 PM
Log files sent. Heres a summary:
It plays some video files OK, and not others, whilst others it plays but stutters badly (Im on gigabit lan). Finally some it plays but says the audio is not supported. (I think this was a file with DTA MA).
With transcoding turned on it wont play anything.
In all cases trying to play MP3 files files, yet playing the exact same mp3 from a USB stick will work just fine.

Paul
06-18-2015, 08:17 AM
Thanks - got your logs and we'll send you a new PS4 device profile to try shortly.

HomerRamone
06-18-2015, 04:04 PM
Not tried any video as yet, but MP3 certainly play now. Thanks.

Will post when I get a change to checkout video playback.

Paul
06-18-2015, 04:59 PM
OK - thanks. If other users would like early access to the PS4 device profile for DLNA streaming, then email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

HomerRamone
06-25-2015, 03:45 AM
On a related note, one thing I have noticed is that the files are listed alphabetically. Ive tried editing the display title and seeing to %TRACK% - %TITLE% for my audio playlist but the tracks are still listed only showing the name.
This isnt the end of the world, but a fix sometime would be cool.
Thanks

Paul
06-25-2015, 08:07 AM
Please capture a set of logs and we'll see what's going wrong. Turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Connect to Mezzmo server from your PS4 media player and browse a few playlists that should be in track order but are displayed alphabetically. Then, stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo (Windows) app. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

silvervein
06-25-2015, 09:22 PM
skip found it