PDA

View Full Version : Feedback for the New PS4 Media player

medievil
06-17-2015, 07:03 AM
Everything pretty much seems to work just as ps3, except, mkv..they do not need to be transcoded while anything avi (Well xvid for sure) DOES...xvid avi's don't even show up in the list I assume because mezzmo passes them without transcode... tryign to play a MKV with transcode for the profile turned on, results in an illegal ts error (Not sure the exact working it had to do with ts though) turning it off the mkv play fine.
MP4 (x264) plays fine transcode on OR off

so I guess we need a new profile that only transcodes xvid/divx to x264 and passes mp4, mkv and mpeg

these are the formats it supports:
File Formats and Codecs
Video
MKV

Visual: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2
Audio: MP3, AAC LC, AC-3(Dolby Digital)

AVI

Visual: MPEG4 ASP, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2
Audio: MP3, AAC LC, AC-3(Dolby Digital)

MP4

Visual: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2
Audio: AAC LC, AC-3(Dolby Digital)

MPEG-2 TS

Visual: H.264/MPEG-4 AVC High Profile Level4.2, MPEG2 Visual
Audio: MP2(MPEG2 Audio Layer 2), AAC LC, AC-3(Dolby Digital)
AVCHD: (.m2ts, .mts)

Photo

JPEG (based on DCF 2.0/Exif 2.21)
BMP
PNG

Music

MP3
AAC (M4A)

medievil
06-17-2015, 07:13 AM
quick follow up... just tried the generic profile (ntsc)
and it seems to be working ok...xvid shows up and plays, mkv plays and mp4 plays....

Paul
06-17-2015, 09:11 AM
Thanks for the feedback. We'll create a device profile for it now. Email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com to try it. In your email, please include a set of logs. This will help us create the device profile. To create a set of Mezzmo logs, turn on logging in Mezzmo (see http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/419-FAQ-How-to-turn-on-diagnostic-logging) and restart your Mezzmo server. Now connect to Mezzmo server from PS4's Media Player and try to play a few different files. Then stop your Mezzmo server and exit Mezzmo (Windows) app. Zip up all the logs and email them to us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com.

medievil
06-17-2015, 03:04 PM
I just saw this... I will create logs as soon as I get a chance!

Paul
06-18-2015, 08:17 AM
Thanks - we'll send you a PS4 device profile to try as soon as we get your logs.