PDA

View Full Version : mezzmo should be ashamed

silvervein
06-25-2015, 09:32 PM
Iam here have been very upset with Mezzmo

your latest version is almost a year old,
are you not ashamed to your self ?????
you mezzmo are paid version of media server but the development progress ares slow like hell
and each of request / opinion from user not event take to the table and take it as improvement

mezzmo are still FAR FAR FAR from good.

keep up your lazy work , and keep sell as discount price

HomerRamone
06-25-2015, 10:49 PM
Perhaps something more constructive like what you would like to see in these updates you think there should be might be a good option here ?

Ive been using Mezzmo for several years now and find its functionality excellent, and the support outstanding !!!

Paul
06-26-2015, 07:28 AM
I think you will be very pleased with the upcoming Mezzmo v5.0. It will have many new features and improvements. It is taking longer than expected, but we want to make sure it is right before releasing. As HomeRamone mentions, what feature requests do you have? We always like to hear about them. In fact, most of the new features for Mezzmo v5.0 are based on user requests.

jbinkley60
06-26-2015, 10:08 AM
I honestly would prefer to see Mezzmo charge for certain upgrades. I think it would help their revenue stream and give them more to invest back into the product. I am concerned about the long term viability of a business model where upgrades are free for life. I'd happily pay a reasonable upgrade fee to ensure the long term.

Paul
06-26-2015, 10:14 AM
Many thanks for the feedback, jbinkley60. We are always reviewing our business model to make sure we are able to continue growing the product & userbase.

silvervein
06-27-2015, 01:14 AM
yes, and hopefully its bring a big improvement .
for what i need is already been report by other users on this forum, like enable adjust volume/amplitude for transcoding as currently its too low,
and i was unable to selecting default subtitle when playing bluray movie folder or iso.
and please do optimize the transcoding, because currently mezzmo take alot cpu process for transcoding
and i saw its kind of weird why is every solution should be over pm ? what it make so privacy ?? many of the solution like device profile to adjust something.
you should share with others too, so everyone can get the change you made ,so everyone with same case can easy fix it, without annoying you by try pm and waiting for your to reply.
if you think its hard to share it, because its contain something you cannot share with public , make a small patch, users can easily follow your small change by that patch.

Paul
06-27-2015, 02:45 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. There's no secrecy regarding patches or device profiles. We include all the latest device profiles in the latest version of Mezzmo. In the meantime, we work with users via this forum and customer support to create new device profiles for new devices. After these have been tested and are working well, then we include them in the next Mezzmo version. We do this to ensure good quality when streaming to devices. Let us know what you are after and we'll help out :).

Hashybot
06-29-2015, 05:53 AM
I'm going to chime in here. In my experience Paul has more patience than most people. If you want to talk about shameful, go have a look at some of the competitors and the issues they are having with their products. Mezzmo continually offer support, answer questions and listen to their customers by providing improvements to the product. Just because a product is not updated, does not mean they have stopped working on it... good products take time, as do new features. I remember when I suggested to Paul about adding the 'combines drives feature' and once he had done that I suggested they not only combined the drives but also put the files of those combined drives in alphabetical order, and guess what? Paul and the team delivered. They absolutely killed that other mob who tried to do this feature and failed. Mezzmo's current version works fine for me, as have previous versions, that being said I accept not everyone's will work the same across all hardware. In future it would be better to just ask a question than coming off abusive without knowing why the next release is taking time.

mark11
07-09-2015, 10:58 PM
I am not sure if ashamed is the correct word to use but the slow development cycles are definitely an issue. After years of trying to stay loyal to Mezzmo, I have finally moved on to Plex completely. I have multitudes of devices - Android, iOS versions, Samsung, Microsoft, etc - over wireless (2.4 and 5Ghz) plus wired, power line etc - on my local network. I also can flawlessly stream out side of my network over public wifi and 3G/4G.

I started switching from Mezzmo to Plex by using Mezzmo for internal network streaming and Plex for external streaming. Little by little when ever Mezzmo had an issue, I would try Plex instead. Guess what, it worked 100% of the time. Soon enough, I realized that I was using Plex in all situations. I uninstalled Mezzmo months ago.

Oddly enough, out of some sort of loyalty or need to check on things I paid for but do not use, I come back here to check out how things are going.

As far as streaming, I just use Plex. It just works. I have not had to submit issues or request device profiles - ever.

Sorry guys...

Paul
07-10-2015, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the feedback. The development effort/cycle for the upcoming Mezzmo (Windows) v5.0 and Mezzmo (Android) v2.0 has taken longer than anticipated, so sorry to all Mezzmo users that are waiting patiently for the new versions. There's a ton of new features/enhancements in the new versions so we're confident that the long wait will be worth it.

dafunk60
07-13-2015, 09:20 AM
Dear Mezzmo staff. I am a happy customer who does not agree with the OP. Some of us understand that software development takes time and that it's better to release a solid product slowly than a buggy product quickly. Keep up the good work.

Paul
07-13-2015, 09:51 AM
Many thanks for your kind words, dafunk60!

blaatpraat
07-14-2015, 03:45 PM
I am not sure if ashamed is the correct word to use but the slow development cycles are definitely an issue. After years of trying to stay loyal to Mezzmo, I have finally moved on to Plex completely. I have multitudes of devices - Android, iOS versions, Samsung, Microsoft, etc - over wireless (2.4 and 5Ghz) plus wired, power line etc - on my local network. I also can flawlessly stream out side of my network over public wifi and 3G/4G.

I started switching from Mezzmo to Plex by using Mezzmo for internal network streaming and Plex for external streaming. Little by little when ever Mezzmo had an issue, I would try Plex instead. Guess what, it worked 100% of the time. Soon enough, I realized that I was using Plex in all situations. I uninstalled Mezzmo months ago.

Oddly enough, out of some sort of loyalty or need to check on things I paid for but do not use, I come back here to check out how things are going.

As far as streaming, I just use Plex. It just works. I have not had to submit issues or request device profiles - ever.

Sorry guys...

I don't agree with you.

In the past I've been using Plex, and switched to Mezzmo cause Mezzmo just works.
Plex is heavy, supports less then mezzmo, and they ask more and more money for basic features (like: I can't even stream to my TV internally without paying 150 euro to them).

Then the fact that they still don't support 3D or 4K, while we are almost 2016...

Nope, I said goodbye to plex.
Maybe when they're mature I will give it a shot, but for now is Mezzmo doing exact what I want.

JohnM
07-17-2015, 03:43 PM
Interestingly the Synology forums people have stated that their DLNA Server is nothing but Plex. I can tell you flat out that I had that running for 3 days before it was uninstalled. For ease of use and playlist support along Mezzmo beats everyone else out there.