PDA

View Full Version : Mezzmo changes Uppercase Letters to Lowercaqse Letters in filename/meta data

ysbinns
06-30-2015, 02:26 AM
I have all my files named as one continuous name, no spaces, with appropriate capitalization. IE, "Once Upon A Time" becomes "OnceUponATime". I don't want to debate the logic for naming this way, just accept it as it is. This naming convention is also found in the Meta Data of the Movie Name. It has worked fine until now. I recently upgraded fro 3.4.0 to 4.1.3 to add XBOX One support. To my surprise I found that all my titles in the new Mezzmo now have only the first letter of the Movie Name in Uppercase. So my "OnceUponATime" has suddenly become "Onceuponatime". I don't want this change. How to get it back?

Paul
06-30-2015, 09:14 AM
You can use the Display Titles feature in Mezzmo to set the titles for your files. Go to the Options dialog (General page) and click the "Display Titles" button. Change the Display Title for the various types of files (video, music, photos, etc.) to %FILENAME% and click OK. Now your titles will be using the file name part of the files that you have added into your Mezzmo library.

More information about Display Titles here - http://forum.conceiva.com/showthread.php/7267-Tutorial-How-to-use-Display-Titles-to-customize-the-titles-of-your-media-files

ysbinns
07-01-2015, 11:35 PM
Sorry but none of that works. I changed the Display Titles just as specified and Mezzmo still displays the filename incorrectly. So I guess I need to change Mezzmo to an older version that does work correctly. I need XBOX One support. Any other suggestions?

Paul
07-02-2015, 11:03 AM
I just tried changing Display Titles here and it worked fine with Mezzmo v4.1.3.0. Email us at support [at] conceiva [dot] com and we'll get a set of logs from you to see if anything is going wrong.

ysbinns
07-02-2015, 01:22 PM
Update: I have changed the Display Titles as you recommended. On my computer screen, in Details viewing mode, all the titles are still displayed incorrectly as I previously mentioned. However I changed the Viewing mode from Details to any of the Icon modes and the text is displayed just as the filename, with Capitals where they should be. I switch back to Detail mode and the title text is again screwed up. The only time the displayed text is screwed up is in the Detail mode. So I then went to my TV where I have a WD Live Media Player connected to my wireless network and uses Mezzmo. All my displayed filename text is now correct there with all the correct capital letters. So it now appears that the only problem I have is with the Mezzmo application and how it is displaying the filename text in the Detail mode. I guess I can live with that.

Paul
07-02-2015, 02:21 PM
In Details mode, check what columns you are displaying. I guess you have "Title" column displayed and not "Display Title" column. Right-click on one of the column headers in Details mode and click "Customise Columns". On the Customize Columns dialog, remove "Title" and add "Display Title". You should be up and running now :).

ysbinns
07-08-2015, 12:30 PM
BINGO !!!! That did it. Now the titles are just like the filename with all the CAPS in the right stops. Thank you !!

Paul
07-08-2015, 12:49 PM
Glad you are up and running now :).