PDA

View Full Version : Can't randomly seek within video when connected by Ethernet cable, only when wireless

jyang
07-20-2015, 06:10 PM
On my Samsung Smart TV, Mezzmo can't randomly seek (can't move the onscreen slider bar) within a video when the TV is connected to the router by an Ethernet cable. It can do so when connected by wireless, but somehow this feature goes away when you connect by an Ethernet cable (so you're basically forced to watch the video from beginning to end).

The movie poster icons in the Mezzmo browser also are distorted (stretched) when connected by Ethernet cable, but not when connected through wireless.

Are these known issues? Or are they Samsung issues? ... Or a combination of Samsung and Mezzmo issues?

Thanks.

Paul
07-20-2015, 06:29 PM
It sounds like the wrong device profile is assigned to your TV in the Media Devices dialog. This will cause unnecessary transcoding (which means you cannot seek when transcoding on-the-fly). Go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo and check your wireless & wired TVs listed there. They should both be using the same device profile - for example, 'Samsung C;, 'Samsung D', 'Samsung E', Samsung F', 'Samsung H', etc. - depending on your TV's model number.

jyang
07-24-2015, 04:32 PM
Thanks. I was wrong about the problem; I had this problem several months ago when I last tried a wired connection, but now there was no problem -- it seemed to clear itself up. After reading your reply I did check "Turn off transcoding for all connected devices" in Transcoding Settings to be safe.

Paul
07-24-2015, 04:34 PM
OK - glad you have sorted it out now :).