PDA

View Full Version : Why is Mezzmo listed in Media Devices?

larrymcg
07-23-2015, 12:46 AM
Using Mezzmo 4.1.3.22 on Win 7 Pro 64 bit. The Media Devices list looks pretty much OK except that there is an entry

Concevia Mezzmo (Windows) with IP 169.254.89.237 and no MAC address.

What is that?

All the other listed devices are what I expect and the IP addresses are on the local net behind the router (192.168.1.xxx).

I've also noticed that when I am using the Blu-Ray player and I list the available devices, there is a Mezzmo 1 and a Mezzmo 2. Both work and seem identical.
Is that normal?

Curiously,
Larry

Paul
07-23-2015, 09:06 AM
Hi Larry.

The Mezzmo (Windows) entry will be the Mezzmo (Windows) app installed on your PC. You can just leave it; it will not have any negative impact on your streaming.

If you have both a wired and wireless network adaptor on your PC running Mezzmo, then you will see two Mezzmo servers listed on your devices. In this case, go to the Media Devices dialog in Mezzmo and edit your Blu-ray player device. On the Device Settings dialog, change the Network Adaptor combo box from 'Automatic' to your preferred network adaptor (e.g. your wired Ethernet adaptor). Restart your Mezzmo server and restart your Blu-ray player. Now only one Mezzmo server should be listed on your Blu-ray player.